Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

On demand movie - free to me - if I subscribe

GuyR
Contributor
Contributor

On demand movie - free to me - if I subscribe

Message 1 of 1
(262 Views)

I've had this issue for several years. I tried, unsuccessfully, to resolve with Fios phone support. I'm wondering if anyone here has found a solution. I've also tried re-initializing the STB through the menus multiple times, where the box is powered off and the programming downloaded again upon startup. No change.

Under On Demand - Movies, I'll see a movie with text above it stating "Free to me". Sometimes, I can click such a movie, and it is indeed available for me to watch for free. But just as often, I click the movie, and on the next page, under the movie description will be a bubble again proclaiming "Free to me", and another bubble next to that with "HBO". Along the bottom, instead of a Watch button, there will be a Subscribe button. If I click that, I'll be shown the normal subscribe page; I think the quote when I did this earlier today was $15.99/mo.

I've never had an HBO subscription, but I have accepted an offer for free trial subscription. Maybe this is why Verizon still has me connected to HBO in their database. Has anyone figured out a way to eliminate these bogus "Free to me" options? I appreciate having genuine offers of movies that are free for me to watch, but these false flags are annoying. Thanks.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title