Online Real Time subscription FAILS!!!
davidtphan

I work in IT and have experience in commerce, product management and UI experience.

This is more of a complaint.

Why the hell do you offer realtime online subscription of TV channels and then it doesn't work.

For example, my current TV plan does not have National Geographies, so when I turn to the channel it states I do not have a subscription and press OK to subscribe.

Well, obviously I follow the instructions and it doesn't work.

1) This is a loss of revenue for your company. 

2) This is a loss of reputation in your software to self service online

3) Your IT department, doesn't give a **bleep** about functionality of your TV software.

I swear, if I am not able to subscribe real time online by the time of my 2nd year of the contract, I will personally spread the news that FIOS IT is incompetent.

Don't offer real time subscription, if it doesn't work.  It wastes button presses on my part and further reduces my confidence in your software.

LOOK!  I work in IT and I face the same challenges of ensuring customer satisfaction is met.

I feel like cursing your IT department about this inconvenience and false advertisement, but I will let your CIO make the decision of making this right or ignoring it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Online Real Time subscription FAILS!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon to see if they can help resolve this issue? Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to get in touch with Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Online Real Time subscription FAILS!!!
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@davidtphan wrote:

... Why the hell [sic] do you offer realtime online subscription of TV channels and then it doesn't work ... I swear, if I am not able to subscribe real time online by the time of my 2nd year of the contract, I will personally spread the news that FIOS IT is incompetent ... It wastes button presses on my part ... I feel like cursing your IT department about this inconvenience and false advertisement ...

Not sure who the "you" is here.  Since you have IT experience, you must have read the forums TOS prior to posting.  There it plainly states this is a peer-to-peer venue where users help users.

Try contacting Verizon Communications using the appropriate channels and you will probably have better luck.  I've personally never tried "online realtime subscription of TV channels" and would like to know more, so keep us posted on your efforts.