Oprah Winfrey Network, 161 (SD) is fine...but what about High-Def??
MarvKirsch

OK, simple question, hopefully a simple answer...

161 will carry the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) beginning on 1/1/2011, but that is Standard Definition.  What about High Definition??  I don't see anything about being carried on 661.  Will OWN broadcast in HD?  If yes, will FIOS carry it??

0 Likes
Re: Oprah Winfrey Network, 161 (SD) is fine...but what about High-Def??
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Verizon is working on adding space and updating equipment to be able to handle more HD channels. Right now they are at their limit for HD. There are a LOT of HD channels that are being requested. I'm sure OWN will be one of the ones added to the list if they do have HD broadcast, but I would not hold my breath for it. There are many others that should be added before OWN is. Just have to wait and see what happens.

MarvKirsch

I can live with that explanation, much appreciated! Man Happy

0 Likes
gondwana321

Please clarify... What are the many other HD Channels that should be added before OWN????   Something that you like!!!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@spacedebris wrote:

Verizon is working on adding space and updating equipment to be able to handle more HD channels. Right now they are at their limit for HD. There are a LOT of HD channels that are being requested. I'm sure OWN will be one of the ones added to the list if they do have HD broadcast, but I would not hold my breath for it. There are many others that should be added before OWN is. Just have to wait and see what happens.

I agree unless there is more added besides Oprah's 25 anniversary. Ok she is a nice person and has some good content ideas, but I believe most of the Discovery Health content will be gone and the channel will be lacking. Ok The transition is over and the countdown has finished. So now what? Oprah 24/7? "Just have to wait and see what happens."

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@gondwana321 wrote:

Please clarify... What are the many other HD Channels that should be added before OWN????   Something that you like!!!

There's a thread on the front page that has 10 pages of replies for HD programming and channels that people want.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Suggest-Channels-to-Add-to-FiOS-TV/td-p/57288