Programming issues, disappearing channels
THXCertified

So my issue is this, my bill says that I have the local TV plan.  When I signed up for Verizon TV originally, the person I spoke to told me and guaranteed that I would have certain channels.  Specifically HGTV, but also a couple others as well.  In fact, I could have sworn that when I signed up I had whatever is one step up from the Local plan.

In any case, my TV was fine and I actually had all the channels I had asked about including HGTV.  However, I moved and had verizon transfer services.  When they transferred my service, they lowered my bill $9.99/month, but I lost all the channels I had before.  These were the only channels I watched and now that I don't have them anymore I'm locked into a 2 year deal without the channels I was told I would have, and that I did have and I'm paying more than I would if I had just stuck with my original internet only plan.  Plus they tacked on an extra charge to boot which actually made my bill go up $.20/month after they "lowered" it $9.99.

I contacted verizon about the lost channels, but the only thing the representitive said to me is that I have the local package and just basically repeated that over and over again no matter how I phrased the question or tried to explain the situation.  Nor did this rep. provide any explanation as to why I was given the channels I was promised or why they disappeared.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated since none appears to be coming from verizon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Programming issues, disappearing channels
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Packages change over time.

So it may be that the package you had no longer exists or channels you want have been removed from it.

Have you looked online at the new custom pacakges?

You may be able to find the channels you want at an acceptable price.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Packages change over time.

So it may be that the package you had no longer exists or channels you want have been removed from it.

Have you looked online at the new custom pacakges?

You may be able to find the channels you want at an acceptable price.

0 Likes
THXCertified

I can't help but take issue with that.  Mostly because I was locked into my plan for 2 years and was less than 1 year through it, but because I moved the plan gets changed?  I lost the only reason I upgraded in the first place and am not locked into a plan for 2 years paying more than I need to.  I can't help but feel lied to and cheated.

Ah-well, I guess I can always go back to Comcast.  It definitely wasn't worse at Comast than I have it now with verizon.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I beleive that others have stated that when you move, they create a new service at the new address. They can then only offer you what service is available at that time.

Not sure how other providers handle it.

0 Likes