Recorded 1 hour show just stops playing at about 8 minutes
MichaelDP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just started FIOS service on 6/29.

Want to say up front that my DVR shows as 0% full, only have about 5 or 6 shows recorded right now. Recorded Army Wives on Lifetime on Sunday, started playback and show stopped playing, went back to show description in the menu at about 8 minutes. All the "chapters" show up, but when I choose a chapter past the stop point, it has no effect. When I try to FF or jump past the stop point, show just stops and returns to the menu at the stop point.

I initiated an online chat, the rep reset the box swearing that I would not have the problem ever again. Show still does not play.

Prior to this, some recorded shows had "stutters" where playback would freeze for a second or three, playback would resume and the 3 seconds were lost.

Sounds like a hard drive issue in the DVR?

0 Likes
Re: Recorded 1 hour show just stops playing at about 8 minutes
tns
Master - Level 2

Possibility of other problems, but yes, most likely, a failing hard drive in the DVR.

0 Likes
MichaelDP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Happened to a 2nd recorded show. Got about 8 1/2 min in and froze, no FFing past that point and chapters showed up as "Thumbnail not available" on all. Yikes.

0 Likes
MichaelDP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Called Verizon support on this issue. Went through the VRU resetting the DVR, no joy. Got to a real person who also tried the DVR reset. Found that if I started FFing the 2nd recorded show before the "freeze" point, it would get past it, but would lose about 4 min of the show. Verizon rep agreed this was probably a hard drive going bad on the DVR. New DVR being sent out.

Stay tuned for quality report on the replacement DVR.

0 Likes