Re: Red Zone not working, Customer Service not answering
Cayce51
Update: Just got transferred to customer service with no resolution from tech support. Customer service had no clue why I was calling. Call is now at over two hours.
0 Likes
jcutler121
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problem but mine is coming through now. When you select the red zone channel does it have an image and say to hit the OK button? I had ordered mine and I kept seeing that and then I hit the OK button and it said I was subscribed and then I had to activate it from there with the remote.

0 Likes
Cayce51
I get that initial page but once I hit okay, I get a screen to upgrade for $35, not active a subscription.
0 Likes
jcutler121
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on the phone with them and the guy sent a signal to my box that shut it off and updated it and then I started getting the other channels in my package that I wasnt getting and the red zone came through a little bit later. Have you tried unplugging your box for a minute? Sometimes that works.

0 Likes
GoBolts

I get the screen to subscribe, but when i click ok, it says sorry, can't do it right now, call 1800 verizon. 

the TS guy told me they needed to remove and re-add the subscription, but now I'm on hold again while he gets Customer Service on the line. 

The "good" thing is that he is holding with me, so at least it will not be a "new" call when the CS guy gets on... 

0 Likes
GoBolts

My final update. Since I get Fios as part of my HOA, i need to call a separate number for them to remove it and re-add it. 

they are closed on the weekend. FML. 

I will call tomorrow, what a waste of 3 hrs of my life. 

Good luck with your situation! 

0 Likes
Cayce51
Update: customer service rep just told me that all of this is my fault because I changed packages in April. When asked about the auto renewal email I received in July, so ducked the question and said none of this is Verizon's fault because they can't choose packages for me. I'm now on hold again for her supervisor. Call now over 2 1/2 hours.
0 Likes
Cayce51
Email has now been sent to all board members: I have been on the phone for over two hours trying to find out why my Red Zone subscription isn't functioning. I've talked to four different people, all of which have not been able to remedy my issue. I've been told I don't have Red Zone, I do have Red zone, there is a known Red Zone outage, my package has been discontinued and I'm expected to pay any extra $15/month plus the Red Zone fee (which I was already emailed would be charged at the early bird rate and automatically added to my bill), that I have to now pay a much higher rate for Red Zone, and that it's all my fault that this is happening because Verizon can't choose packages for me. I'm on hold for her supervisor now with no resolution in sight. I'm contacting you because this situation is unacceptable. I am a long time customer of Verizon, had the auto renewal on my account, fully anticipated the eventual billing of Red Zone after it started per the email I received, and now I have no Red Zone, no appropriate customer service response, and a rather sour taste. My ideal resolution to this situation would be this season of Red Zone complimentary as a gesture of Verizon's regret in this situation.
0 Likes
Cayce51
Update: On the phone with the supervisor. Quoted either $15/month more plus $79.99 for Red Zone or $50/month for the package including the Red Zone. Told me after the season I would be able to go back to my Prime package. Requested everything be emailed. Still no resolution. Phone call at three hours.
0 Likes
Cayce51
The customer service supervisor has now contradicted what his subordinate told me in terms of pricing by declaring his inability to give me the initially guaranteed. Being connected with his supervisor.
0 Likes