Red Zone/Sports pass
rmur23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Fios - if you're reading this, I will never ever pay $14 for Red Zone and a bunch of other channels that I either already have (NFL network) or would never have any interest in (Pursuit, Longhorn network, motorsports the cricket channel???).  Nobody wants all that garbage. 

I'd pay $7 JUST for the red zone channel every single time.... but you're too greedy and intent on screwing people.  So, I hope you enjoy your zero months of $14 instead of all the months of $7 you could have just for the one channel I want.   I'll just continue to find a stream online to watch Redzone.  Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: Red Zone/Sports pass
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things:

1) This is mainly a peer to peer support forum

2) At times, cable providers don't have control over being able to offer channels individually. These are included in bundles that are dictated by the content providers

0 Likes
Heads Up About NFL Red Zone on Fios for 2018
OldDuke

For anyone else who missed the memo, Red Zone no longer is available as a standalone purchase. You have to be signed up for Ultimate HD (I’m currently one rung below, at Extreme HD), and then it’s part of the channel lineup.

Not sure I understand the rationale. Instead of spending $70 or $80 or whatever Red Zone cost in recent years, now I won’t spend a dime (no interest in bumping up to Ultimate).

If there was an announcement, it must have been subtle.

0 Likes
OldDuke

Didn't see this thread when I submitted a similar one a moment ago.

If Verizon had no choice, they'd have been better off explaining it and offering some sort of enticement, even if it were mostly a token gesture.

I'll miss it but I'm out.

0 Likes
Super5

I too missed any announcement if there was one.  Last year I paid 79.99 for Redzone - not even a second thought.  Now to get Redone I have to pay "only" 14 per month which includes a lot of channels I do not have an interest in.  So if I want redbone for 17 week regular season its $238 vs $80 (assuming cancel after season done) which is a 300% increase in price.  Now that's inflation!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over four years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes