Remote DVR - Bad Gateway - IE9 and Firefox 9.01
mydyingbride
Enthusiast - Level 2

in the past i've had the bad gateway/remote dvr problem several times. each time an online chat agent fixed the issue, sometimes in a timely fashion sometimes aggravatingly slow. (had to place a call once or twice too.) anyway it shouldn't reoccur over and over again, as to why i do not know and have yet to be told. i've be lucky the past couple months, having not seen the issue pop up ... until today that is. Not Again! I dread contacting verizon and going through same routine and to leave thinking it will happen yet again.

I've been using the 32bit and 64bit version of IE9 with the windows 7 64bit os. each time i've had this error its been on IE9. each time it has been working fine it has been on IE9. in my ultimate reluctance to contact a verizon agent, i decided (after doing the fixes and reboots and such to no avail) to try veiwing the page in another browser. Firefox 9.01. low and behold there is no Bad gateway error the dvr box is listed, the favorites come up, the recording schedule works, all the functions work. at the same time on IE9 ther is the bad gateway and the dvr is not found.

so what's up. why is this happening? could i have saved myself from the previous frustrations or is this just a temporary thing too?

seriously. what's up?

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR - Bad Gateway - IE9 and Firefox 9.01
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This feature is fully compatible with IE. It sounds like there is something blocking or interfering with the requests. Try running IE with no add ons and see if it's an add on causing the problem.

0 Likes
sbruce45

It really has nothing to do with your browser.  A glitch occurs in the communications between the DVR and your router that causes some port mapping problem.  So far it seems that Verizon has to clean up the port mapping when this occurs.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@sbruce45 wrote:

It really has nothing to do with your browser.  A glitch occurs in the communications between the DVR and your router that causes some port mapping problem.  So far it seems that Verizon has to clean up the port mapping when this occurs.

This is true for most circumstances, but not for this one. If the port mapping was bad, it wouldn't matter which browser he used he would always get the bad gateway error. He said it works without problems with Firefox, but not IE. This is why I'm having him check his browser settings.

0 Likes
mydyingbride
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm not certain as what got it to start help (i was trying different settings in the browser,) but it started working again in IE.  ... Until now. Bad gateway issue again. this time it is the ports for sure. both browsers return with the bad gateway errors. what is setting this off? will there ever be a permanent fix or even an auto fix sent out to the routers every few days or once day, once a week? 

can you fix this for me without any need further need of my Involvement? (live chat etc.)

my thanks in advance Anthony_vZ

0 Likes