Remote DVR problem - bad gateway
Castun
I tried to set a recording using the DVR Manager IPhone app and kept getting a Fios services timeout error. So I tried to use the webpage instead and kept getting a bad gateway error instead. What gives?
0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR problem - bad gateway
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I just redid the portmapping. Please try again. If its not working, you can unplug the STB then when it comes back up got into the menu, scroll down to customer support, then self diagnostic and start it.  You should then see that listener 1 or 2 started.  Try accessing the DVR via the phone or web again.  If your still having an issue go back to menu to setting to remote DVR then web access.  Here you should have the option to disable. Disable the remote DVR and then enable it again and test for access.  If at this point it still isn't working please send me a private message to let me know.

0 Likes
gregkaren

I'm getting the bad gateway message too.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I tested the DVR internet connection to the box and it was failing. I have resynced it up and now its succsesfull. It should be working fine now. Please let me know if it is not.

0 Likes
Remote DVR problem - bad gateway
Drew024
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have bad gateway.

I have reset the DVR and the router. I have checked port forwarding on the firewall. I even tried putting the DVR in the DMZ. I have run all the diagnostics and resets available through the DVR menu. I even tried the caller ID fix.

This is a consistant problem that almost always require some kind of reset from the Verizon end.  It seems to me that there should be some kind of option on the web or within the DVR options that will actuall fix the issue or at least Verizon figure out how to issue a more permanent fix.

I have also discovered that many times the site will work fine with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox so that leads me to believe that there is some kind of programming issue with the website itself.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am a little confused by what you said at the end. You said It works fine mostly with IE, but not firefox. Does this bad gateway error message only come up when you use firefox then?

0 Likes
temporaryid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I lost remote access to both my DVRs, with the "bad gateway" error. 

I've reset the Actiontec router to default settings.

Cycled power on every DVR and STB.

Tried the auto-correct on the DVR menu.

My DVRs also show up as "not responding" on verizon website's Settings->Set To Boxes

I've tried the online STB correction tools.

Meanwhile everything is working just fine at home, every STB can access every DVR.

I see port forwarding rules on my router for the 2 DVRs.

192.168.1.101:63145Application
UDP Any -> 63148
Broadband Connection (Ethernet)Active 
192.168.1.100:63145Application
UDP Any -> 63145
Broadband Connection (Ethernet)Active
0 Likes
GALICWARRIOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Between the Remote DVR problem and FIOS Cancelling the Funimation Channel there is no reason to stay, go to a better service provider there is nothing unique about FIOS anymore.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@GALICWARRIOR wrote:

Between the Remote DVR problem and FIOS Cancelling the Funimation Channel there is no reason to stay, go to a better service provider there is nothing unique about FIOS anymore.

Did you go through the same steps outline above by the other customers to try to fix it? Please let me know if additional help is required.

0 Likes
jrjrjr1

When I try to access to DVR online it gives me the following error message: " bad gateway"

Please help, thanks.

0 Likes