Re: Removal of Channels from Prime HD Package
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@film11 wrote:

As for the box, I'm sort of with you there.  I've been making do with the space on the 6416,although I occasionally do inadvertantly lose some things due to lack of space...so am little more can be helpful.  And it would be nice to enjoy some of the advantages of the 1.9 upgrade (such as the widescreen guide) that will only be found via the new 7000 series boxes.  I just don't understand the $40 fee for swapping the boxes, if no shipping charges are incurred. (Since the cost of the new box is recovered via the monthly fees.)

AFAIK the charge is for upgradeing to the 7232 with the 500 G hard drive.  If you go to a store and request another DVR and get the 7216 then return the 6416 there shouldn't be any issue of chzrge.  The 7216 would allow you (with the 1.9 IMG) to enjoy all the enhanced features as well as adding up to a 1 TB eSATA drive externally for more storage.

Actually, I believe that once 1.9 comes out they should replace for free anyone's 6416 since it won't support the new IMG fully due to hardware limitations.  Whether they will do that or stick it to the existing customer base remains to be seen.

JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Keyboards wrote:

@film11 wrote:

As for the box, I'm sort of with you there.  I've been making do with the space on the 6416,although I occasionally do inadvertantly lose some things due to lack of space...so am little more can be helpful.  And it would be nice to enjoy some of the advantages of the 1.9 upgrade (such as the widescreen guide) that will only be found via the new 7000 series boxes.  I just don't understand the $40 fee for swapping the boxes, if no shipping charges are incurred. (Since the cost of the new box is recovered via the monthly fees.)

AFAIK the charge is for upgradeing to the 7232 with the 500 G hard drive.  If you go to a store and request another DVR and get the 7216 then return the 6416 there shouldn't be any issue of chzrge.  The 7216 would allow you (with the 1.9 IMG) to enjoy all the enhanced features as well as adding up to a 1 TB eSATA drive externally for more storage.

Actually, I believe that once 1.9 comes out they should replace for free anyone's 6416 since it won't support the new IMG fully due to hardware limitations.  Whether they will do that or stick it to the existing customer base remains to be seen.

I would also add that I have seen posts stating that the 6416 doesn't work with 3D.  So anyone who subscribes to any of the premium channels offering 3D and has a 3D Set is getting shortchanged.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@JustaGuy wrote:

I would also add that I have seen posts stating that the 6416 doesn't work with 3D.  So anyone who subscribes to any of the premium channels offering 3D and has a 3D Set is getting shortchanged.

It works with 3-D, just not automatically.  One has to manually set the TV into 3-D mode (and the proper one).