Re: Removing OAN and AWE is a mistake for Verizon
ma22oys
Enthusiast - Level 2

censorship by the corporate board of Verizon.
Plus where is the customers refund for reduced service? When will I see my bill reduced? Of course it will never happen. DYI was also removed months ago as well as other channels, replaced by garbage shopping channels and old re-runs of 1980's TV shows. Come on Verizon the curtain is pulled back, censorship is ugly.

ma22oys
Enthusiast - Level 2

It makes sense so the Verizon board can tell the small vocal mob they have agreed to their demands and censored their programming by removing OAN. Way to go Verizon. Now where is the refund due to your customers for lack of service? Of course that is never coming.

ma22oys
Enthusiast - Level 2

yea when my forces 2 year contract is up early 2023, I am going to the internet and the competition to get my programming and dropping Verizon. The cost is getting ridiculous and the services continue to be decreased and the censorship from Verizon is the final straw.

ma22oys
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately Verizon doesnt care. They can tell the small mob they take their marching orders from that they have dropped OAN and censorsed their programming. Verizon has no backbone!!

BrillRB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everyone has a right to watch or not watch. That's how this should work - Fewer viewers means Verizon drops the channel period. - Free speech hurts feelings and gets folks mad at times but our individual goal should not be to try and punish the other side because their opinion is different from ours. Rather exercise our rights by not watching. 

Take a more silent approach, lower your blood pressure, and let's hope that Charma does not turn your negative thoughts back onto you for trying to punish others for what you do not like. It reflects poorly on your ability to manage you're out of control behavior and it may just save your life. 

Block CNN AND MSNBC why should i pay for channels i never watch
Fallsniagara
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why should I pay for channels that have never been watched

Re: Bring Back OAN
AFMIII4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon, not even a week ago, and the rep. I spoke with had no idea about the removal of OAN. She put me on hold to look into my claim. When she came back she told me she saw nothing about removing OAN from the line up.  Now today it is confirmed they don't want far right news. If they can carry CNN and MSNBC, who are minions of the left and their ratings are low and dropping, why can't they carry a conservative REAL news station. Verizon subscribers aren't just the leftists.  It is censorship!  We are not paying to be censored.  This is not a free social media site with the thought police silencing conservative thought.  We are paying Verizon to watch what we want not what they want for us. Fox and Newsmax are not comparable to the real news on OAN. 

Dropping OAN and AWE
DE521
Enthusiast - Level 2

Third time writing this??

I received an email today from Verizon stating they are dropping these two channels as of 7/31/22. I spoke with a Verizon agent today and he said that Verizon and OANN’s parent company are still negotiating. The email stated that the parent company of OANN isn’t willing to work out a deal with Verizon. OANN on the other hand, stated that they are even willing to reduce their fee to Verizon so the channels can remain on Verizon’s lineup. So who’s telling the truth? Why would Verizon want to drop these two channels after they have been on Verizon’s lineup for over 10 years? Over the past year, Verizon dropped channels from my lineup (AHC, Science just to name two) and yet my bill continues to increase. There’s been more channels removed and now we are probably going to lose two more. Dropping OAN and AWE would be a big mistake. I just hope that what the agent told me on the phone today is still true, that they are still negotiating.

DE521
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m ALREADY paying for these channels and I don’t think they want to putOANN and AWE on premium. No Verizon wants to drop them.

Re: Block CNN AND MSNBC why should i pay for channels i never watch
SMS12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree! If I can't watch a channel I like, and I find CNN and MSNBC offensive for their fake news reporting, cancel them also. Sound crazy? Bring back OAN and AWE and people can just not watch channels they don't like. I am also thinking about getting rid of Verizon now and going elsewhere when my contract is up. My bill keeps going higher and I am losing channels I watch all the time. Either bring them back, give me a reasonable discount every month or let me pick two channels I want that I don't have!