Re: Block CNN AND MSNBC why should i pay for channels i never watch
needwater
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon going woke . Going cancel all my personal accounts and business accounts

Re: OAN dropped from Verizon NOT because of Money
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer since 1979.  My Fios bill is over $200.00 with hundreds of cable channels to watch. But, I normally just watch news channels including OAN and MSNBC. Verizon needs to step up and make a deal with OAN. Do you (Verizon) treat MSNBC the same as OAN?

Re: Removing OAN and AWE is a mistake for Verizon
FreedomIsFree
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do you have to pay to get the truth and why wouldn't they make CNN & MSNBC premium channels you have to pay for?

genea1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe Verizon do what ever it takes to keep OAN on its lineup. They are a very honest network covering all issues. I will still be watching them and when possible I will cancel my Verizon subscription. Please remember, we are the USA and will not stand for these games.

CarolinVA1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We should never be afraid to hear another person's opinion because we prize the freedom of everyone.  Verizon has been bullied to get rid of OAN (just as AT&T was bullied to drop it from Dish a few months ago) and they have capitulated.  It's sad.  I called Verizon yesterday after I got the email about OAN and two separate people acted like they had no idea what happened.  I felt they were being dishonest, which made me even more disappointed in Verizon. I never believed something like this would happen in the USA and it's scary.  My only hope is that this culture of bullying and cancelling will soon fizzle out because people are truly getting sick of it.  And when that time comes, I hope the bullies and the corporations that participated in this will feel bad for the way they treated people/customers who were hurt.  Remember, for the bullies, it's OK when they "cancel" people you disagree with.  Wait until they come for you.  And as for the "disinformation" that they think is spread by channels like OAN, something is only "disinformation" when it has been proven with evidence to be untrue.  I haven't seen much of that on OAN, but certainly have on other channels that are not being canceled.  But I would never ask for those channels to be canceled.  I am not afraid of the opinions of others.

Why is Verizon stopping OAN
USA1st
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know there are people that are commenting on why OAN and newsmax are both removed from the Fios network line up. 

It is gotten to a point here in the USA that there is almost no choice anymore. 

I consider myself a well-rounded educated individual.

I've always tried to look at both sides of an issue and draw a conclusion regardless of which political affiliation I consider myself.

From what I've discovered Verizon did not want to make the deal to continue carrying OAN even knowing they had an offer of one fifth of what they were being charged.

But yet we are still allowed to see what some folks consider left wing such as MSN, ABC, CBS, NBC and at times this also includes Fox News. 

Some of the folks that had made posts about this or replied to comments has said that OAN had help perpetuate telling people to pick up arms which they did not, and that they help to create what was considered an insurrection and the list goes on and on. 

They need to let news media, social media, printed media, digital media continue in if individuals do not like what they are printing / broadcasting then they should change the station cancel the subscription or whatever the case may be. 

There are falsehoods on both sides of whichever political affiliation that somebody would consider themselves why not let the individual make up their own mind with what they read or see. 

Everyday I try to look at both sides and different angles on discussion / arguments. There are TV shows that I would consider so far left that it's not even funny One of them is the view. But you don't see nobody complaining about them. 

Too many people look through what I would consider a peephole instead of opening their eyes and doing their own investigation their own research and come to their own conclusion. 

Everybody's entitled to free speech free, assembly and every other constitutional right that as a citizen we have in this country and too much is already been given up already. People need to start helping one another and investing in one another and stop giving in to the small percentage of people that are trying to destroy everything that everyday individuals have grown to know and love. 

It's unfortunate too much is driven by the Almighty dollar, dividends and for the shareholders. 

Everybody's entitled to their opinion and to their voice and should be taken equally as every other person that is in this country. 

I also believe that in too many forums it just turns into a {word filter avoidance} session and then folks just pile on. Online It is way to easy to big a hammer but in real life if it was a real conversation not 1/10 if anything would get said as it does in a forum. 

I have Rights you have Rights oh guess what we all have rights. Wow funny how that works. 

My self I watch, ABC, NBC, CBS and newsmax, oan. Oh wait that can't be I must pick 1 or the other station that's a huge nope. I read everything, I have done own research and I come to my own opinion. If something doesn't sound real, or wait that can't be how it is then I go check for my self. 

Right now today there is not one single 100% factual News Network in the world they all twist they all put in their own opinions or maybe their own viewpoints. Just as I was brought up you take everything with a grain of salt. 

Hopefully this will help somebody out there or maybe clear a few things up

USA1st
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too completely agree I also had made a post about this.

I even made the same points in my own post, it is getting very scary and yes they are being bullied OAN isn't the issue. 

I also made comments about how people pile on saying that those news networks are passing misinformation disinformation in any other ism that they can think of. 

This is either coming from pressure from the CEO, possibly the investors. 

Two networks that do put a little bit of their own opinion in but not too much cuz it's kind of hard for an anchor to not put in an opinion in. But I have watched OAN and newsmax and when they make a news article and I go and check and verify the information that they're broadcasting to everyone and it is factual. 

I can't say the same thing about a lot of the other news networks. 

People have to be open-minded they have to also do their own research and don't rely on just a review or one write up at one website and take it as truth. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader
All, Verizon is longer carrying OAN and AWE for the same reason that they had dropped The Weather Channel a few years ago. They can't come to a commercial agreement. No one claimed liberal bias when TWC was removed. In the end, we don't know what the contract costs are. So we can't say if Verizon was willing to pay too little or Herring wanted to charge too much.
twinman99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Millions of Americans know this has nothing to do with negotiations but it’s simply censorship by large companies who are controlled by their majority stockholders. More and more Americans are realizing who those people are. We know that they want to control the narrative. This move will hurt Verizon financially.

JOEMINO
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to the Verizon message I just received, Verizon is dropping OAN because they couldn't come to a new contract agreement. According to OAN, Verizon failed to negotiate in good faith and walked out on the negotiations after OAN offered to PAY Verizon to stay on the air. Once again, big media is silencing free speech by cancelling OAN.  So if I pay for OAN streaming service is Verizon going to block there streaming service also? And since Verizon is taking off all AWE stations, do we get a discount? NEVER!!