Re: Removing OAN and AWE is a mistake for Verizon
Vic24
Enthusiast - Level 1

The son the parents the inlaws this is bull if they don't remove CNN AND MSNBC they are exactly the same no difference I f you want to remove the bull then remove all of it.

0 Likes
LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Totally agree. If you don’t like a station, don’t watch it. There are many stations I do not like or agree with, but I don’t suggest that Verizon remove them. I’ll be following this and hope that an agreement can be reached in the future. Right now, I am very disappointed in Verizon.

LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The whole question of ratings really makes you wonder why some stations remain and others get dropped. I would hate to think this is a political move on the part of Verizon.

Re: Bring Back OAN
LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has become so powerful that it can afford to lose customers they don’t agree with or care about.

Re: Block CNN AND MSNBC why should i pay for channels i never watch
LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon, if you’re going to remove channels I watch without compensation, how about reimbursing me the cost for streaming OANN?

Re: Fios Channel Reduction
LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the motivation behind Verizon is that they know they have the leverage. 

0 Likes
LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I watched the interview with Robert Herring who offered both channels for free, but Verizon declined. So why would Verizon do that? Is it fear of funding loss from the FCC? IDK, but could Herring have given a better offer to Verizon? SMH

Re: Bring Back OAN
LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon was able to negotiate an agreement with Fox News and Newsmax.

But regarding OANN, this statement was released by Verizon. “… These negotiations were focused on economics, as they always are, but OAN failed to agree to fair terms," Verizon said in a statement provided to Ars last night.“ 

If Robert Herring offered both OANN and AWE for free, where is the lack of “fair terms”? It appears that Robert Herring was very generous, and Verizon was going to drop them no matter what. Verizon could clarify this if they wanted to, rather than putting out a canned statement.

Re: Dropping OAN!
LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know exactly how you feel.

I don’t normally go on the Verizon forums, but reading this thread has been such an eye-opener. I don’t know why I’m surprised that Verizon has caved, like so many other corporations. I am so disappointed in them.

DB122
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's censorship pure and simple.