Rugby
JJ141

When will Verizon make the following offer that can be found on DirectTV "The Super Rugby and Tri Na...

Currently the only rugby available on Vios is on Fox Soccer Plus which is very limited. We have a World Cup communing up in September and it does not look promising. If I could switch to Direct TV I would but it is not possible for technical reasons.

0 Likes
Re: Rugby
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello Rugby,

It sounds like this post would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please post as a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
jpil64
Enthusiast - Level 2

from what I know - directtv - hold the broadcast rights to superrugby and tri nations- not via a broadcast provider - but in their own right - ( probably due to Newcorp  holding the  worldwide broadcast rights - which is the paret company to Direct) - they have sublet some games out to Setanta - and later FSC +   , but seem to be pushing out on their own this yr.  I dont see any games being seen on fios unless direct sublets rights to a channel carried on Fios - sorry .

The world cup I can give you happier news - the rights holder is NBC - Universal . They promise to show atleast 2 games on NBC - with all others being on a subchannel of NBC's called universalsports.- as well as showing all on line . Gibven the shakeup at NBC recently - it is not out of the question that Comcasts Verces HD or Universal itself may carry some games ( delayed ) we shall have to wait for more details on that .

0 Likes
bouge

Great question. FIOS, I will definitekly be making the switch to DirecTV i I can't watch the Super 15, Tr-Nations and World Cup rugby. Come on Verizon, please add.

0 Likes
Adamski
Enthusiast - Level 1

YOU ARE NOT SHOWING THE 2011 RUGBY WORLD CUP???

WHICH GENIUS MADE THAT DECISION?  THE GREATEST SPORTING TOUNAMENT IN THE WORLD!!

ARE YOU AWARE THAT THE USA IS PLAYING IN THE TOURNAMENT?  DOES THAT CHANGE THINGS FOR YOU?

WHY IS AMERICA SUCH AN INSULAR AND NARROW MINDED COUNTRY?

IMMEDIATE REPONSE WITH GOOD NEWS REQUIRED OR I AM CHANGING TO DIRECT TV IMMEDIATELY.

ADAMSKI

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@Adamski wrote:

YOU ARE NOT SHOWING THE 2011 RUGBY WORLD CUP???

WHICH GENIUS MADE THAT DECISION?  THE GREATEST SPORTING TOUNAMENT IN THE WORLD!!

ARE YOU AWARE THAT THE USA IS PLAYING IN THE TOURNAMENT?  DOES THAT CHANGE THINGS FOR YOU?

WHY IS AMERICA SUCH AN INSULAR AND NARROW MINDED COUNTRY?

IMMEDIATE REPONSE WITH GOOD NEWS REQUIRED OR I AM CHANGING TO DIRECT TV IMMEDIATELY.

ADAMSKI

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

As mentioned above by Shamika, please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please post as a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange

0 Likes