SAP audio language not working for *any* channels. Useless tech already came out!
jtreminio

Just got the FIOS service this Friday.

I'm very happy with the internet. Very fast!

The TV, I'm not so happy about.

Having come from AT&T U-Verse, and Time Warner Cable before that, I've gotten used to having the HBO channel lineup (or any premium channels like Showtime/Cinemax/etc) and being able to easily switch between English and Spanish audio. So far, between 6 calls to customer service (each one of them telling me it's possible), and one extremely clueless tech that just left my home after only 5 minutes, I've not been able to do this.

I can SEE the option for SAP! I KNOW HBO offers Spanish audio for its' non-HBO Latino channels. I also know that not all movies have Spanish audio, but the majority of new HBO movies do.

A guy on the phone on Saturday had me convinced that to watch HBO channels with Spanish audio, I had to purchase your Spanish package that comes with extra Spanish channels. I thought this was ridiculous -- since I've already got a PREMIUM package, why in the world would I need to get another package to listen to that premium one in Spanish?! Anyways, I got the package and still no Spanish HBO.

The tech that came and left in 5 minutes changed the channel to HBO Latino and said, "Here, it's working". I pointed out that HBO Latino is not what I meant - none of the other HBO channels have Spanish, althought we could see they said SAP.

What gives, Verizon? This, coupled with the fact that I can't set my main DVR to record a show we're watching on an HD receiver in another room without physically going to the DVR itself (or using a cellphone app!) and that apparently I can only record 1 show on the DVR at a time, has me pining for AT&T... which I never thought would happen.

Hell, even Time Warner Cable's HBO lineup has Spanish.

Sounds to me like your all-fiber network isn't up to snuff on some very basic things.

0 Likes
Re: SAP audio language not working for *any* channels. Useless tech already came out!
skohly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chill man

On your remote push the option button. Then click on audio language and change to spanish. You will be all set

0 Likes
Re: SAP audio language not working for *any* channels. Useless tech already came out!
jtreminio

@skohly wrote:

Chill man

On your remote push the option button. Then click on audio language and change to spanish. You will be all set

We've been through that appx. 50 times with tech support - not working. Tech guy that came out today said Verizon doesn't offer SAP ... so I don't know what to think now.

0 Likes
skohly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, it works on mine. It looks like all the premium channels, I get them all, have it in spanish when i set the audio language to spanish. How many TV's and remotes u have. Perhaps it's the box?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

works for me in california

Menu > Settings > language > audio language > spanish preferred

Doesn't work for all channels obviously, but for the ones that say they are transmitted in spanish it works.   

0 Likes
DrRez

You’re correct! All these setup ideas to go thru Options or Settings are useless. I know BeIn sports broadcasts its live LaLiga games in Spanish and English but Fios only streams English. Useless Verizon and Fios!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes