Re: Science Channel dropped as of 4/26/2022
Sniper3
Enthusiast - Level 1

What the hell Verizon?  Like I don't pay enough just to have you take away the Science Channel?  Asking me to pay $15 more per month for one channel I always had and according to YOUR OWN WEBSITE is still in my package is ridiculous.  Restore the channel and stop being greedy.  If not, be ready for people leaving, your not the only game in town anymore.

Underhanded
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was on chat for an hour while I got passed from one 'expert' to another that had no idea what was going on.  Told me to power cycle my boxes and reset my modem, then tried to up-sell me a better package while still not providing an explanation.  Maybe it's time to ditch underhanded moves like this.

myavid76
Enthusiast - Level 1

They take away the Science channel and expect me to pay another 35 dollars to upgrade. This isn't the first time they have done this. They are losing another customer. This is **bleep**!!!

ReallyFurious
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are completely disgusted with Verizon—-waited a half hour for a hapless, unhelpful person only to learn more in this forum.  We get garbage channels and Science is the one they dropped with no notice?  We’re rethinking our options.  This is not how you treat customers who are already paying a premium.

VAFishFanatic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.  I am going to look into what devices supports the most streaming service.

Cdubbs7161
Enthusiast - Level 1

It shows this channel and American hero’s channel are part of my package give it back  what a bunch of scum bags

Pugapooh
Enthusiast - Level 1

How am I going to keep up with Ancient Aliens?  We were discussing how to cut back on our Verizon bill.  This is just incentive to find a way.  At least tell people it’s coming! So bummed.

Frustrated_Cust
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG the chat line is so full of  poor over seas sales people . when I brought up is it still listed as offered in Extreme HD all they would do is pass me to another poor overseas sales person. FOUR TIMES same game. Txted twice to validate me. Verizon needs to update channels in packages offered as they are WRONG apparently. Science Channel not in them. but listed.

Ajax3
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are so many people that this losing channels with no credit back for them on our plan is and now wanting more money to get them by back! Isn't this extortion? We have a contract that binds us with the packages we signed up for. Do we have any recourse in this situation? They've even disengaged my Fios messages so I can't email them and complain about this. Wow...what a riot...I've had them for over 10 years now. Do we, as paying customers have an legal recourse to get the channels back without more fees because we have a contract.

ladydi1984
Enthusiast - Level 1

Discovery+ owns the stations that have been moved to the more expensive package, my guess is they're hoping that instead of paying Verizon we'll just subscribe to Discovery+ for $4.99/month. I have zero intention of doing so and really hope this scheme backfires on them.