Re: Science Channel dropped as of 4/26/2022
JimM21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just chatted with a GOOD Verizon rep. These are the channels moved over to Ultimate due to higher fees being charged by the networks (I believe them): Science, Cooking, Discovery Family, Destination America, American Heritage, UZM. 

And she also confirmed their website isn't updated with these changes. ?????.

Luckily my contract with FOIS has expired, so it makes the decision to leave that much easier!!!

Good luck everyone.

SweePea2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hmmmmmm…so I noticed this and thought maybe my set box needed to be rebooted, since I’ve been having issues with it lately. I rebooted, the initial download did its thing and I went to the channel, click OK to find out if this channel is part of my package, since it used to be, and it brought me to Upgrade Recommendations where I can upgrade my TV plan to Ultimate HD. The cost is showing as $0.00 more per month. I don’t know if I should trust this message or not.

Science Channel dropped as of 4/26/2022
Alfonso01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find it ridiculous that verizon can just drop the science channel for no reason and expect their customers to continue paying the same amount every month. The FCC should investigate verizon.

Enough4me
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am even selling my Verion stock over this.  Beyond loosing yet a other channel on my package, not notifying customers in advance just isn't acceptable.  Comcast....here I come!!

VAFishFanatic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Keep us posted.  I dropped my TV and Phone.  I bought a ROKU - and will subscribe and pay for the channels I want.  OAN, SCI, Epoch Times, etc.  My bill will be less each month.  Thankful to Verizon for the push that my friends have already made.

SkiBumMSP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just did the same thing.  I've dropped the TV and will just get the couple of streaming services that I want, such as Discovery+, and Disney+.

Kkopie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can’t believe you dropped my favorite channel.  Nothing on now.

Janiemil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally ridiculous. No notice just dropped it and now want more money. Time to look at other options.

mjayjock
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is causing a lot of bad will among users.   It is either worth it to Verizon or they do not care.   Both are bad relative to my view of this company.

mjayjock
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is causing a strong negative response among subscribers.   Either they think it is worth it or they do not care.  Both are not good for my view of this company.