Re: Science Channel dropped as of 4/26/2022
sel5
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is his marked SOLVED? It's NOT SOLVED ! The Science Channel is gone from Extreme HD as well as the American Heros Channel.  There are a lot of unhappy customers.  Verizon   put those channels back !

srfios1
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can we follow the science without the science channel?!  Not happy here either.  Waiting for Verizon to call us back.

m31andromeda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I saw the message on the DVR message center dated 3/3/2022 Effective 4/25/22

five channels will no longer be included in the Extreme HD Package:

American Heroes Channel, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery Family and Science Channel

The channel lineup on the web site has not been updated and still says these channels are included. Upgrading to the Ultimate package will cost $180.00 more a year for me.

If the web site lineup for the Extreme HD package is incorrect I cannot trust the web site lineup for the Ultimate package unless I call to speak to a human.

I used to watch three of these channels on a regular basis.

I cannot continue to financial justify the additional expense for TV at this new rate of $240/month, $2,880/year without any movie channels.

I recall one comment when I looked into options at a prior two year agreement renewal.

Cable service providers have a set amount of possible customers.

It is not like they can add a million new customers unless a million new homes are built in the area they provide service.

They also have to pay the channel providers for their content per subscribing household.

Some are high, like ESPN was something like $7-8 per house, yet most are low like $0.50-$2.00.

Contract renewal negotiations between content provider like Discovery and Verizon affect your final bill.

I have not seen anything specific if Discovery increased their rate to Verizon.

After ten years of being a Fios customer and twenty five years of being a Verizon Wireless customer, I have been apprehensive of any agreement with them because they have the option to change the deal at anytime and I do not have that same option.

Last Fios renewal I did not agree to a two year contract.

This will allow me to drop their service without a termination fee.

It would be convenient if I could calculate what Fios would charge me for package change with no TV package, no DVR rental and no related taxes.

I tried the over the air Channel Master DVR CM7500 four years ago but was not impressed too much with the interface.

With the LG smart TV apps like Nexflix, Hulu, Disney, Pluto, etc. we have other options that can fit what we want to budget.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

All providers have the ability to drop channels without changing pricing.

You can go online and start an order to change your account (ie drop TV service).

It gives you the pricing.

You just cancel the order before submitting it.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I (and others I saw posted) received messages on their Set Top Box. Is that where you checked?

In addition, they have put messages on bills before.

I checked mine and didn't see a message. But I was not affected by the change so not sure if mill messages are targeted (STB messages are not)

markweso
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely unacceptable, not only the science channel, but the cooking channel is gone from my package. I have already contacted comcast to set up service with them. Verizon, in their greed, is going to loose more profit due people dropping services and or lost customers.

Bobble60
Enthusiast - Level 2

They also bumped American Heroes Channel to a $10 per month upgrade. Should have seen this **bleep** coming. When my bundle expired earlier this year, they told me it will now be cheaper to do without a contract or any of the new bundles. Now they're picking off the channels. 

Verizon's strategy is - as always - to target new subscribers by luring them from competitors with their nearly-free first-year price schedules and promos. Once that expires, you pay them back in spades. Customer loyalty means nothing to them. FIFTEEN years of Fios and VZW and I get no consideration at all.

Worse still is the fact that they don't even bother to read these posts, let alone respond.

B4thepeople
Enthusiast - Level 1

Contacted the online chat about this. Only 4G offer was to loose other channels and home phone to put back the science channel for only a slight increase!!??  Or upgrade to an offer that includes 5G. When I said I do not want 5G, the chat was disconnected! 

0 Likes
J731
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thinking of dropping Verizon altogether, they didn't even say it would be dropped. One of 30 channels I actually watch. Time to call Comcast. 

0 Likes
garyalex1

I'm thinking of dropping Verizon as well.  I'm really angry that they removed two channels I actually watched.  I know it's their right to add add and drop channels as they see fit.  But for what I'm paying monthly for their services I can complain and not feel like I'm just whining.  I'm already looking into how I can find a solution that gives me what I want without feeling anger every time I pay the bill.

0 Likes