Re: SEC Network/sports networks
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

@jmathwig wrote:

After reading it again, the article says that SEC Network will be on an expanded Basic tier within SEC states. Perhaps, outside of this area, SEC Network will be available on a higher tier package. That's what I'm thinking (hoping) will happen.

After re-reading that I believe you are correct. I have the Ultimate package so I should be good to get it. I just wish they could have had it last weekend. I missed three UK basketball games. But still happy as they look like they will be carrying it when the regular season begins. 

dorjwill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any idea when it may actually appear on the system.  I have no idea how a channel rollout is handled.

0 Likes
OrangeRev
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jmathwig wrote:

After reading it again, the article says that SEC Network will be on an expanded Basic tier within SEC states. Perhaps, outside of this area, SEC Network will be available on a higher tier package. That's what I'm thinking (hoping) will happen.

I don't think Verizon appreciates that much of the mid-Atlantic is teeming with SEC graduates who are passionate about their schools.  I see more Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, and Georgia tags/stickers/emblems than from ACC schools like Va Tech, UVA, Maryland, etc.

NTXDFW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I knew Verizon would pick them up eventually, it wasn't in the channel line up as of this morning. 

0 Likes
medeski7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Personally, I think it goes to the entire subscriber base on the basic plan.  It's cheaper for Verizon to carry the package for out-of-footprint subscribers.  Thus, I don't see the logic in forcing those outside the footprint to pay more.

becrequ
Enthusiast - Level 2
Another article which leads me to believe it will be available to all customers: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/verizon_fios_reportedly_reache.html
0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

@dorjwill wrote:

Any idea when it may actually appear on the system.  I have no idea how a channel rollout is handled.

It seems when they switch channels or add new ones it is done increments around the country. Some places may see it before others. My guess is they willl start rolling it out next week and have it to everyone by Thursday the 28th. That's the first football game on the network. 

0 Likes
SECFanUpEast
Enthusiast - Level 3

@medeski7 wrote:

Personally, I think it goes to the entire subscriber base on the basic plan.  It's cheaper for Verizon to carry the package for out-of-footprint subscribers.  Thus, I don't see the logic in forcing those outside the footprint to pay more.

I agree.  I can see it actually costing more where demand is likely higher but I'm not seeing the business case where it only goes to TX and FL. Though  I guess stranger things have happened! 😉

0 Likes
sportsdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Come on Verizon, don't be stupid! Add the SEC Network everywhere, the Mid-Atlantic area is loaded with SEC alums and fans. Many of the posts on this Forum over the past few weeks are from this Region! You can pull the Longhorn channel if you have to! Give all of us the SEC!!!!!

jalix

I just called Verizon and was told it does not look like they will be getting it. I am not cancelling my Brighthouse appointment for Monday yet.

0 Likes