Re: SEC Network/sports networks
bluedevil2002
Enthusiast - Level 3

@bigmal wrote:

There does not appear to be any movement on adding access to the SEC Network via the WatchESPN app and website. I am beginning to wonder if it will be added....

What movement would you expect to see?  Either the app streams SEC Network or it doesn't.  There's not going to be any middle ground that we as consumers are going to see.

Yeah, they cut it extremely close to kickoff, but they got it on there.

0 Likes
bluedevil2002
Enthusiast - Level 3

My TV has a stretch feature but that makes it even junkier. 

Pressing the # button three times will zoom in, stretching the picture in both directions to fill up the screen and keeping the acurate proportions.

0 Likes
NYIceQueen
Enthusiast - Level 3

@bluedevil2002 wrote:

My TV has a stretch feature but that makes it even junkier. 

Pressing the # button three times will zoom in, stretching the picture in both directions to fill up the screen and keeping the acurate proportions.

Yes I know.  Even when it does that it's just bad.  The "ideal" is the tight little picture, but it's too freaking small for a good game.  Stretch at least gets rid of the black bars, but none of this helps the quality.  It's just bad!! 

Now I have to hope my Gators have a really good season so all their games get moved to the regular ESPN channels/CBS so I don't have to deal with the SEC Network on Fios. 

Just a shame.  Love fios other than this whole mess. 

0 Likes
Shadowplay
Enthusiast - Level 1
So is the SEC Network available on WatchESPN or not? Seems to be conflicting information. For the record, I'm in Winchester, Virginia at the moment and CANNOT get it to stream.
0 Likes
phipfwe76

@rally_point wrote:
So is the SEC Network available on WatchESPN or not? Seems to be conflicting information. For the record, I'm in Winchester, Virginia at the moment and CANNOT get it to stream.

It's available, but not working.

I watched the first 6-7 minutes of the game on ESPN3 just fine, then the feed crapped out and hasn't come back since. At first I thought it was my internet, but every other event on there is working just fine.

0 Likes
bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

@phipfwe76 wrote:

@rally_point wrote:

It's available, but not working.

I watched he first 6-7 minutes of the game on ESPN3 just fine, then the feed crapped out and hasn't come back since. At first I thought it was my internet, but every other event on their is working just fine.

Good to see that there are others having issues as well. Probably so many folks hitting the WatchESPN feed because there is no HD feed. Hopefully things will ease up a bit Saturday and going forward as more games are played and not everyone is focusing on one game.

I'm not sure I can stand to watch the entire season in SD. Hopefully everyone will keep the pressure on Verizon as we did to even get the network and they will see the need to off HD to everyone.

0 Likes
bigmal
Enthusiast - Level 3

@bluedevil2002 wrote:

@bigmal wrote:

There does not appear to be any movement on adding access to the SEC Network via the WatchESPN app and website. I am beginning to wonder if it will be added....

What movement would you expect to see?  Either the app streams SEC Network or it doesn't.  There's not going to be any middle ground that we as consumers are going to see.

What movement would I expect to see??? Oh, I don't know, maybe them making some sort of announcement that the WatchESPN feed was forthcoming. Or, giving an actual date or start seeing folks getting access to it in waves, just as we did with the phased roll-out of the SD and HD (in FL and TX) channels. But thankfully we've see that the WatchESPN feed is now live....but not working.

0 Likes
Ustavio

I'm able to watch SECN on WatchESPN here in Southern California now. However, the video quality is.... poor. I guess that the same quality SD feed I get on the tube is all I'm going to get on WatchESPN. I thought the video quality  was based on available bandwidth bandwidth and computer resources, both of which are more than adequate. So, I can watch SD on television or SD on the computer.

It's great to have so many options.

0 Likes
Mikenotre
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon, just add channel #575 for everyone.  Very poor planning by upper management.  I hope they get the message and add HD for all its subscribers, not a select few!!

hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

As of last night no HD for me in northern Virginia. ESPN Watch was working for me last night. I hooked up the laptop to the TV and watch in HD that way. I do this for MLBTV all season. It's some hassle but not too bad. The connection is usually very good for me. Some nights are a problem but not many. On my Kindle Fire I did have to re-load the ESPN Watch app on it to see the SEC Network. I really don't know why it wouldn't work until I did that but after I did it was fine. 

0 Likes