Setanta Sports SE PA
accash

I finally see Setanta Sports on my tv Ch 1009 - I ordered it thru the tv it says order is complete - but I need to wait 24 hrs til it comes on. Fine.......today I turn on the tv - guess what..NO SETANTA but I can reorder it now as the first one didnt go thru apparently.  I call customer service this morning and they havent a clue what Setanta is so i explain tell them the channel number  - still  they havent a clue how I can see it on my tv to order as they cant order it for me there. I get with Tech Support - the guy was beyond clueless. That makes me so happy to hear lol. So my question.........

How long will it take for Customer Service to get the necessary information to add Setanta to my order as I'm not in the mood to be fussed over this - I just want my Setanta........help lol

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setanta Sports SE PA
Torres9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you completely. Currently, I have Directv but when FIOS comes to Toms River [Zip 08757] New Jersey, if ever, I may switch to FIOS. However, if Verizon don't/can't set up Setanta Ch. 1009, then I will stay with Directv.

Will somebody please pass this info on to Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Torres9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you completely. Currently, I have Directv but when FIOS comes to Toms River [Zip 08757] New Jersey, if ever, I may switch to FIOS. However, if Verizon don't/can't set up Setanta Ch. 1009, then I will stay with Directv.

Will somebody please pass this info on to Verizon.

0 Likes
Appleluva
I called customer service last night b/c it's been over 24 hours since I put in my order through the STB and it's still not on.  The rep couldn't see my order in the system so he didn't think it went through.  He suggested I call the order fulfillment number this morning to get it added but they don't open until 8am.  I think they're having trouble across the board with this channel rollout.  I'll update once I find out exactly what's going on.
0 Likes
accash
 I spoke with the order fullfillment center............she hadnt a clue either. she put me on a 3 way call with tech support and both of them thought i was crazy as i can see ch 1009 and can order it thru my STB - but they cant see it and didnt see my order either.  Pretty strange as THEY work for the company but dont have the means to help
0 Likes
Torres9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hope you guys managed to get Setanta Sports this morning. If you didn't, you missed a great match [and result] Liverpool 2 Man Utd. 1.

I've also sent an email to Setanta Sports informing them of the problem with Verizon. Got to run Blackburn v Arsenal on at 10.00am. Good old Dircetv!

0 Likes
accash

No need to gloat mate...thats what live streaming on the internet is for

0 Likes
Appleluva
Still no update on what's going on or why they can't get this up and running.  On the phone now with video support and they're getting a network technician on the phone with me now.  It really shouldn't be this difficult but hey, it is Verizon!
0 Likes
accash
spoke with oncor services this morning....they run the ppv events for verizon......this is where i was told to call and they actual had sort of a clue about the situation .....kurt said he spoke to a person in their internal dept - he says even tho i can see setanta to order thru my STB - it still isnt really available to order. which makes no sense but that is what he said.he said there is a delay, he doesnt know why, and that it should be available to order for real sometime before the end of the month..........they think. i asked him if anyone there had a clue,he said....frankly ..........no. lol. ill keep you updated
0 Likes
accash

Well, this morning after 6 days of complaining and ordering and reordering thru my STB I finally have Setanta!!!!!!!!!!  The whole thing was total bullocks!. If any Verizon Mgmt team member is reading this - get a clue and fill in your WHOLE department as to what and when you put things on for us to watch and enjoy. I had to repeated call not only regular customer service then your tech dept which both had not one clue as to what Setanta was less any new channel #1009 in my area - then I had to call your Oncor services to find out the information that you should have been able to tell me 6 days prior.

Cheers

0 Likes
Torres9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Congratulations. I never did receive a reply from a member of Verizon's management team or Setanta, both of whom I emailed last Saturday on this subject. Too avoid this problem in the future, can you share the contact information with us concerning Oncor?

Reading on the Forum all the problems users are experiencing with Verizon FIOS.... DVR's, Multi-room Playback, User Guides, Remotes, Firmware Updates, ordering PPV'S, I really don't know if I will switch from Directv to FIOS when it is available in my area particuarly as nobody from Verizon appears to take ownership of the user problems.

Thanks.

0 Likes