Smart Search for DVR Recording
JackinFL1

Is there a way that I can search on a key word(s) and have something auto record when it picks up the saved keyword(s)? When I had DirecTV I used to be able to type in a keyword such as James Dean.  Whenever a James Dean movie came on, or anything with his name in it was going to play, it would 'automatically' record based on the key word. I don't see where/how I can do this with FioS cable.   Anyone able to help?    Thanks!!  

0 Likes
Re: Smart Search for DVR Recording
brb408wpb

I'd like an answer to this too.  I just switch from DirecTV to FiOS.  Are you able to auto record a key word search?  DirecTV did this by recording all hits in a Smart Search.  You could also filter it as just movies or just sports.

@JackinFL wrote:

Is there a way that I can search on a key word(s) and have something auto record when it picks up the saved keyword(s)? When I had DirecTV I used to be able to type in a keyword such as James Dean.  Whenever a James Dean movie came on, or anything with his name in it was going to play, it would 'automatically' record based on the key word. I don't see where/how I can do this with FioS cable.   Anyone able to help?    Thanks!!  

0 Likes