STB pricing
B_Maher_899
Hey everyone. I see on the verizon.com website that HD STB's are 5.99/mo however I've been being charged 9.99/mo for quite a while now. I've called about this before and was told that in MY AREA they are 9.99/mo. Quite frankly I don't buy this. What's the deal?
0 Likes
Re: STB pricing
matcarl
Master - Level 1

It's only $5.99 in NY & northern NJ.

0 Likes
B_Maher_899
Good, I am in Northern NJ. Now: does anyone know for how long this price has been effective, so I know how much to ask to be reimbursed for?
0 Likes
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds to me that you have the Multi room DVR and not a standard HD STB. If that is the case then you are paying the correct amount.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Wrong, multiroom DVR is $19.99, not $9.99

0 Likes
B_Maher_899
Yes, I have the normal HD STB (no DVR). What do you guys think about this: I called and they claim that the boxes have only been 5.99 since May, and my bundle was started in March, so I'm stuck with the price at the time of the bundle. Can anyone confirm the price did change around May? Either way I think it's **bleep** because as far as I'm concerned the STB's are not part of the bundle itself. For example, if I get a new box, are they going to start charging the new price or the old price?
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

I don't know exactly when the pricing started, but they are right, if you had the box before the price change, then it will stay that way. If you get a new box now it will be the new lower price.

0 Likes
Art010606
Enthusiast - Level 3

here is the CURRENT price break down for STBs, this is in the west regions so basically if you have fiber in FL, TX, CA, NC, IN, WA or OR.

HMDVR- 19.99

DVR- 15.99

HD STB- 9.99

SD STB- 5.99

Digital Adapters (provide no guide info or on demand)- 3.99

Cable Cards- 3.99

as far as the other states go like pa,de,ny etc.... not sure.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@B_Maher_899 wrote:
Yes, I have the normal HD STB (no DVR). What do you guys think about this: I called and they claim that the boxes have only been 5.99 since May, and my bundle was started in March, so I'm stuck with the price at the time of the bundle. Can anyone confirm the price did change around May? Either way I think it's **bleep** because as far as I'm concerned the STB's are not part of the bundle itself. For example, if I get a new box, are they going to start charging the new price or the old price?

I agree. They SHOUD be able to give it for $5.99 but don't. If it is not your only box you could have it turned off. But to do so you would need to return it, wait a month or billing cycle for it to come off and then reorder it. That should probably work. Yes it stinks. My DVR was $12.99 until someone added the MR-DVR without my permission. When I wanted it put back, I was told it was no longer $12.99, and to bad. So it does work both ways. No service is perfect.

0 Likes
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

in your first post, you said you were charged 5.99 for the STB.  however, in a recent post, you said you have the HD STB.

as ART010606 mentioned, the regular STB is 5.99 while the HD STB is 9.99.

this should solve your issue.

0 Likes