Re: Suggest Channels to Add to FiOS TV
CanUHearMe

I, too, would like to see the  Comcast Network (TCN - formerly CN8) added to the lne-up.  We are now missing:

• Flyer hockey games
  • Sixer Basketball games
  • After Football talks were on CSN and have just been moved to TCN

One of the reasons we didn't choose Comcast in the first place was that Verizon offered CSN.  Now we need Verizon to add TCN ASAP.

Thank you for listening.

0 Likes
Fox Soccer HD
jgaunt

Please Please Please

0 Likes
Re: New Channels for NYC
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
here is my list for channels for addition on FIOS TV in New York City / Staten Island MSG HD MSG + HD FIOS 1 FIOS 1 HD Add the 2 other Staten Island Local PEG Channels on 33 and 38 Localize the weather channel like it is on Cable from what it is now , regional ,
0 Likes
Re: New Channels for NYC
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3
Also remove the Brooklyn PEG's from the Staten Island Channel Lineup
0 Likes
DerekRost

Any chance of adding the follwoing to the German language options?

KinoPlus

My Sports Germany

Their lack is preventing me from switch from Dish to FIOS

0 Likes
Re: Fox Soccer HD
clanger
I second that.
0 Likes
My wish list
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

Almost every channel I watch is in HD...the only channels that I watch that I would like in HD are MSNBC HD and BBCA HD.  Otherwise, I am content.  Please add those channels....Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: My wish list
justliloldme
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, so this is primarily addressed to Katherine, the Verizon rep who started this wish list a lil over a year ago now.  

A year and forty some pages into this, when I go back and read these entries and check the current programming line up, Not one, not a single channel requested here has been added, promised, or for that matter acknowlegded by the moderators.  So the question becomes, is this for real, or is it just a steam vent for customers to use that is of no relevance to the Verizon management.

When Fios first launched we were all promised responsive service.  While I will be the first to agree that the technical performance of the system is extraordinary, I think the human response of Verizon is horrid.  In today's technological age, it is unfathomable to me that it takes over a year for Verizon's tech gurus to make a decision to add a channel or some, and figure out a way to implement it. 

Two years ago when Fios came to town, i championed it to the school district for which I am a board member and to the hundreds of businesses that my information technologies company services.  After the school district transitioned, they and a good chunk of the community realized when the school year started that Verizon did not carry a critical learning suite, the NASA channels.  They and many of the residents have over the past two years, by phone, email and this forum, requested its implementation in any format for the benefit of our children.  It is rediculous that parents with dish network have to record and provide the school district with the channel's content.  With the district contract coming up for renewal shortly and many residents already switching back to satellite or cable in protest, I took the time to contact NASA's media wing to ask if there were at least negotiations in progress for Fios to pick up the channel.  I was told that verizon has made no requests to deliver this FREE - yes completely FREE suite of channels.

That is just simply rediculous.  After a year of "listening to customers" and by my count over 100 requests in this forum alone for that suite of channels, Verizon has not even inquired with a government agency to carry a free channel.  There are what, a dozen plus reserved channel slots in the program guide for government or public channels....  Fios broadcasts the recruiting channels of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines., etc....  I'm sorry I don't get it.

Last night, we the school board voted to drop Verizon as a provider to the district at the end of our term.  Additionally, we intend to petition the town to reconsider Verizon's video franchise in the area unless they become more responsive to the needs of our community and children.  Finally, this entry will be edited and published in the local papers.

Whether it be NASA, or the sports channels or comcast channels or whatever people have mentioned herein, they deserve responsive answers.  At the very least, a Verizon rep should make a monthly posting here detailing Verizon's discussions and plans to implement or not to implement customer suggestions.  Not just provide hosting services for an ignored forum. 

I hope that other towns will follow our lead to encourage Verizon to reconsider and acutally do what it shows in its commercials - Listen to customers.

Re: My wish list
mjcapsfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

From Howard  Country Maryland--Comcast Sportsnet Plus--so we can see ALL of the Caps games.

Smirkman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like everyone else in Howard County, I'd like to see CSN+ added so I can watch Caps games. To be perfectly honest, the only reason cable/ FIOS is needed is for live sporting events. If they aren't available I can get the other programming elsewhere.