Re: Suggest Channels to Add to FiOS TV
KJ38
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add BBC America in HD and I'll be your best friend for life.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@fubu wrote:
I have the 250 package and don't get IFC or MSNBC!!  I used to watch IFC on DishNetwork. . ..   now I have to pay to watch it? 

IFC is part of the movie package. You need to subscribe to that to get it.  channel 394

MSNBC is channel 103. Unless you live in Northern NJ or New York. If you live there, then Verizon is not allowed to carry MSNBC. They are trying but cable vision has an exclusive monopoly in those areas.

0 Likes
johntylko
Enthusiast - Level 2
add nasa tv. please.
0 Likes
kenmasters

I would like to see some more channels added to the International packages, particularly, the Korean one. For $24.99, I only get four channels—two of which are absolutely worthless. 24/7 coverage of a board game and 24/7 Christian broadcrasting aren't exactly my cup of tea. There are three major television networks in Korea; Verizon has one (MBC), so how about the rest? The big three are MBC, SBS, and KBS. Let's make it happen!

http://www.sbs-int.com/eng/

http://www.kbsworldi.com/

0 Likes
wellscrubbed1

i want to see turner classic movies hd.

i have extreme hd and a movies package. i pay for both.

my pals with cablevision get turner classic movies hd for nuthin'!

wake up verizon 🙂 

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
just a question. not knocking it or anything, just a question... What difference would it be between TCM HD and just standard TCM?  Isnt all the movies on Turner Classic Movies standard def anyway. I've never paid any attention to the movies on that channel but it seems to me that the classics are not HD to begin with so even if it is comming in on an HD channel, the show will still be in SD. Seems rather redundant to me. Do they actually show HD movies on TCM?
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@spacedebris wrote:
just a question. not knocking it or anything, just a question... What difference would it be between TCM HD and just standard TCM?  Isnt all the movies on Turner Classic Movies standard def anyway. I've never paid any attention to the movies on that channel but it seems to me that the classics are not HD to begin with so even if it is comming in on an HD channel, the show will still be in SD. Seems rather redundant to me. Do they actually show HD movies on TCM?

Actually, most of the classic movies were originally shot on 70 mm film and in a widescreen aspect ratio.  70 mm film has higher resolution than than 1080 HD has so it is possible to have these classic movies converted to HD.  Whether they actually have any is a question I can't answer (your closing question).

0 Likes
KarlG
NASA TV!!!  SDand HD! a must have.... can't wait to see the aweome pic. quality
0 Likes
Chitchatjf
Enthusiast - Level 3

In Northeastern Mass they should dump WSBE in favor of HD feeds of WMUR,WENH,and WBPX.

(If they can add those 3 HD channels AND KEEP WSBE,that would be OK)

Also what channel will Epix be on?

I currently have Extreme HD with the Movies/HBO/Cinemax package so I EXPECT to have Epix at no extra charge 🙂

0 Likes
ssetta
Contributor - Level 1
I don't think they should dump WSBE, mainly because the FiOS lineup is the same throughout all of Eastern Mass (except Bristol County), and they didn't start carrying WSBE until recently. I am assuming it's because it has been available on cable in a lot of those areas (southeastern Mass and Plymouth County) for years, and people lost it when they went to Verizon, and think of it as an added bonus for customers in northern Mass. Though I do agree about the HD feeds of WMUR, WENH, and WBPX.
0 Likes