Suggestion: Youtube Widget + Internet Browser
DriftNinja

Alright, i did not see a place to suggest content to the widgets menu. I recently got into using it. It would be quite awesome if we could browse and watch Youtube videos on our TVs via our Set Top Boxs.

Now, i can solve this problem right now by hooking up my PS3s internet connection (also Verizon, we have Triple Play), and using the PS3 browser, however, it would be much easier if we could access Youtube via the Widgets.

I always find myself falling asleep while watching TV (helps me sleep better after a good show.). It would be great if i could just use my remote and the on screen type pad to browse youtube or even the WWW as a whole on the TV.

I think you guys could draw in more customers that way also.

I hope this is the right place to post this.

0 Likes
Re: Suggestion: Youtube Widget + Internet Browser
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Sounds like a good idea to me. Smiley Happy

the only problem I see with that is that the STB's have VERY limited memory and there is no way for them to handle a browser. Most of these boxes only have 32Mb of ram or less. Not enough to handle a www browser or to stream online videos in that way.

Good Idea, but I dont think it would be technically feasible with the current equipment.

0 Likes
Re: Suggestion: Youtube Widget + Internet Browser
prisaz
Legend

@spacedebris wrote:

Sounds like a good idea to me. Smiley Happy

the only problem I see with that is that the STB's have VERY limited memory and there is no way for them to handle a browser. Most of these boxes only have 32Mb of ram or less. Not enough to handle a www browser or to stream online videos in that way.

Good Idea, but I dont think it would be technically feasible with the current equipment.

Yes there are hardware limitations with the STB. I wish they could make a DVR with a good CPU and one of the new 4 tuner cards that are coming out. I to would have liked to see the USB port enabled for keyboard use on the DVR. But I have PC and Tivo next to my TV now. Works great. Once the Cable Card tuners come out with the 4 tuners I think I will buy one and perhaps move the Tivo upstairs.

0 Likes