Switching from HD to DVR box
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

I currently have a HD set top box and I was thinking of switching to a DVR set top box with the current online promotion of 3 months free.  My question is this....when I order the DVR equipment, do I also order a return box for the HD box?  I think I would do it that way since they have no idea I'm getting the DVR to replace the HD box, but I wanted to ask just in case I was wrong.  Also with the DVR, would I still get the same HD channels that I do with the HD box?

Thanks so much for your help!  🙂

0 Likes
Re: Switching from HD to DVR box
Tmac12
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you are getting a DVR to replace your HD box of course you need to return the HD box because if you don't do it they will charge you for both. so whenever you get the DVR send the HD box back to them

0 Likes
Re: Switching from HD to DVR box
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!  Yeah i did order a return box for the HD box I have now when I ordered the DVR.  I didn't know if I could just put it in the DVR box and send back but since the option was there to order a return box, I did.

I also noticed that when you put in your order number to check the status, a "count down to installation" comes up.  I guess this shows up for any order?  I was logged in and went to upgrade equipment when I ordered the DVR, so they have to already know I have FIOS hooked up.

0 Likes