Re: Remove NewsMax and OANN now!
Va_Patriot
Enthusiast - Level 1

We FUND all of these channels with our subscription fees. However, the issue is that OANN and Newsmax are promoting the lies that led to the insurrection.

Va_Patriot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not true. They explained the peaceful protests were hijacked by right-wing fascists and antifa

0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizon Carry Fake Media Channels
ursahorribilis
Enthusiast - Level 1

It takes guts to resist bullies.  It's hard for corporations to have guts unless in response to economic pressure. Fios 200/200 at $40 looks real good to me but I can resist most media addictions. I am glad not to pay for OANN, and I will not ask anyone else to pay for what I subscribe to.

Its a free country, but supporters of OANN, and ESPN should just pay the owners of those services directly, like those who need Netflix, not ask me to pay for it.

0 Likes
boo204
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very concerning to see people and our Government calling for the removal of news networks (OAN,NEWSMAX AND FOX) because of a difference of opinion. This cancel culture mentality needs to stop right now, when one group believes their opinion is the only opinion then that becomes a problem. We ALL have the RIGHT to an opinion in this country! I hope VERIZON believes in the FREEDOMS we have in the USA and will not cave into this type of thinking

JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Actually that is exactly what they want to decide.

0 Likes
Re: Take One America News off Fios
Concern2me
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon FIOS should not make us pay for One America News Network. My understanding is that Verizon pays OANN about $0.15 per month per subscriber. I’ve tuned in to the channel a few times and every time they have been broadcasting falsehoods and conspiracy theories as “news” not opinions. Even YouTube cut them off for a period. I am not a supporter of broad censorship. However, reasonable, intelligent and responsible people should not have to pay for misinformation. FIOS can carry OANN as a selective premium channel for those few. 

Concern2me
Enthusiast - Level 2

True, you can choose not to watch One America News Network but you can’t choose to not pay for it. My understanding is that Verizon pays OANN about $0.15 per month per subscriber. Verizon is passing that cost on to every subscriber plus overhead and profit. We are all suckers I guess.

0 Likes
Re: Take One America News off Fios
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are people that say the same about Main Stream Media as well.

The biggest way to show your disapproval is to not watch their content.

And if you know their advertisers, don't support them either.

Close2TheEdge

A commentator on OANN straight up called for the execution of alleged “traitors” who voted illegal in their made up election fraud conspiracy fan-fiction.  It’s all meaningless nonsense, and they know it, yet they allowed a direct threat to be aired on their channel.  That’s not journalism and it definitely crosses the line over what is reasonable free speech.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Close2TheEdge wrote:

A commentator on OANN straight up called for the execution of alleged “traitors” who voted illegal in their made up election fraud conspiracy fan-fiction.  It’s all meaningless nonsense, and they know it, yet they allowed a direct threat to be aired on their channel.  That’s not journalism and it definitely crosses the line over what is reasonable free speech.

Not to disagree with: If you do not like it, don't watch it.

-> But in that case, sue their buts / prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.