Re: Take One America News off Fios
LLark1

This is a reasonable solution. I don’t want my subscriber fees to underwrite what I consider fake news that peddles conspiracy theories and worse. If Verizon insists on offering these channels they should take them off their cable packages that we all pay for and offer them as an option. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not every channel gets subscriber fees.

Some will offer their content for free just to allow people to see them.

And as others have stated, there are plenty of people that want "liberal" news content removed.

If you don't watch the channels you don't like, they don't get the ratings.

Ratings drive advertisers.

Advertisers are where the money is.

Re: Remove NewsMax and OANN now!
Olinthus
Enthusiast - Level 1

From Wikipedia: "

OANN is known for downplaying threats posed to the United States by Russia. According to a former OANN producer, on his first day at OANN he was told, "Yeah, we like Russia here."[30][106] One of OANN's reporters, Kristian Brunovich Rouz, simultaneously works for the Russian propaganda outlet and news agency Sputnik, which is state-owned; when Rouz runs favorable segments on OANN that relate to Russia, OANN does not disclose that he also works for Sputnik

justsaying1
Enthusiast - Level 1

don't watch them if you don't like them ....freedom of press   

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@justsaying wrote:

don't watch them if you don't like them ....freedom of press   

I agree 100 %.

So why is this thread still alive / keep on going. There is nothing else to discuss about it. End this thread already...

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree. But as soon as you close one of thee, another crops up.

So better to be able to ignore them all in one place IMHO.

cupcakezealot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is this marked solved when the "solution" is from a 1 post user who joined just six months ago and does nothing but insult the other posters?

It's absurd that Newsmax and OANN are still on FIOS - especially while they're contributing and providing aid and comfort to Russia as they commit genocide on the Ukrainian people. 

Highly considering cancelling my service because of this.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cupcakezealot wrote:

It's absurd that Newsmax and OANN are still on FIOS - especially while they're contributing and providing aid and comfort to Russia as they commit genocide on the Ukrainian people. 

I agree and I disagree at the same time.

Agreement: They should be suspended due to what Russia is doing to the the Ukrainian people.

Disagreement: Freedom of speach. Only after the suspension ends - If you do not like what they say, do not watch it.

quilter621

Since these 2 programs are misleading propaganda and people could actually believe what is being said to be true, it will influence some to become hateful and divisive. I feel that watchers of these shows have split families and neighbors relationships. There are not 2 sides to right and wrong news vs. opinionated broadcasts and plain old lies.

0 Likes
JUST IN: One America News has been officially removed from DirecTV. Verizon Fios?
Karma_Chameleon

When will you join Direct TV & remove One America News, OAN & Newsmax from your line up?  Also, when will you begin to offer the previously discussed option of having an A La Carte channel choice?  

0 Likes