Re: Please add TCM in HD!
Maggiethecat4

It's infuriating for sure with the monthly bills we pay. If you don't care about recording stuff on TCM, you might try my solution which is to watch the movies on the TCM app through Apple TV (I assume Roku, etc will work as well) You can watch live in HD, and of course "most" of the movies are made available on the app for a limited time after the original run date (usually a minimum of a week, some longer). I can't stand viewing it in SD so this has worked well for me.

0 Likes
Re: TCM (Turner Class Movies) in HD (High Definition)
MikeB21084

I’m with DIRECTV. I’ve put up with satellite cloud problems for years waiting for FiOS to pick up TCM in HIGH DEF. Until they do, I won’t change TV service! Get with it, Verizon, pay for the TCM /HD license, and pay attention to your customers or keep losing business.You could have had me subscribe to FiOS TV for the past three years already.  Greed has consequences $$$  😞

0 Likes
desesor26

It is now October of 2021 and Verizon still has not addressed this issue, nor have they even acknowledged our complaints. Everywhere I have traveled, so far, have  TCM in HD. There is absolutely no acceptable reason why TCM cannot be shown in HD. We watch TCM movies on a larger TV screen these days, but they are displayed in a very small "box" format, of sorts. At least let us know WHY you cannot provide us the same service that so many others have.

0 Likes
Re: TCM (Turner Class Movies) in HD (High Definition)
Waff8

Please add TCM HD. Fios is too expensive to not have this. 

0 Likes
MisterE1

Yeah...this was the biggest reason I went to Hulu.

0 Likes
TCM not in HD?
JoeFromJersey1

I use FIOS for internet, and am very happy with the quality and reliability of the service.  I am currently using Optimum for cable TV and have been strongly considering switching to FIOS for TV.  But in checking out the available channels I find much to my surprise and disbelief that FIOS does not currently offer TCM in HD.  This is a deal breaker for me!  TCM is offered in HD on Optimum, and as it is the channel most often watched in our home, I cannot consider switching until FIOS offers it also!

0 Likes
Re: TCM not in HD?
garysb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's frustrating to still not have TCM in HD on Verizon. Watch TCM streaming service is in HD and is available to Verizon subscribers who have TCM included in their package. It has both an east coast and west coast feed as well as some, but not all movies on demand. Biggest drawback is you can't DVR the movies on Watch TCM. Its available on Fire TV and ROKU. I have given up on Verizon ever adding the HD feed of TCM. If you call them they will be very sympathetic and tell you they will pass your request along but nothing changes and I have told them so . Not sure why TCM has been singled out when every other movie channal is available in HD but that is the situation.

0 Likes
garysb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! AS OF 9/12/2022 TCM IS IN HD ON FIOS. GOT A MESSAGE FROM VERIZON SAYING IT WAS STARTING ON OR AFTER 9/15/2022 BUT IT WAS HERE TODAY. 

CHANNEL 730 WHERE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS. I AM SO HAPPY!!!!

JRD1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

So now that Verizon had added TCM in HD it is NOW NOT part of my plan and has been removed. When I called earlier I was told I needed to upgrade which would cost me about $60 more a month! Way to go Verizon!

I will be cancelling my cable with Verizon.

0 Likes
livl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just noticed this today when I tuned to 230 and it went to 730!  It’s about time.

0 Likes