Re: tennis channel
tns
Master - Level 2

A new broad agreement was negotiated with the Tennis Channel by a group that represented the various cable companies (including Verizon).  Each individual company had until September 4th to accept or not the new agreement.  A large number of companies, the largest probably being Cablevision and Verizon did not like the agreement, which, among other things, requires it to be carried in the basic tier and above. Verizon was still in talks with Tennis Channel, but the Tennis Channel decided to pull its programming from those who had not yet agreed as a tactic to pressure them.

As far as the US open, several other channels continue carrying some matches including the special 3D channel on 1003.

0 Likes
UzTawkin2Me
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am paying for the Fios Ultimate HD TV and am STILL NOT getting TTC. What is up with THAT?  If FIOS isnt gonna carry TTC, I will have to go elsewhere.

tns
Master - Level 2

@UzTawkin2Me wrote:

I am paying for the Fios Ultimate HD TV and am STILL NOT getting TTC. What is up with THAT?  If FIOS isnt gonna carry TTC, I will have to go elsewhere.

Fios would love to continue to give TTC just to those in Ultimate and Extreme packages.  TTC wans it in premier as well, and until it gets that (and anything else in the new agreement) has pulled its programming.  Note TTC pulled the programming not Verizon.  In many cases various channels that are in talks with carriers still allow their programs to be carried, but in others they pull them during major events to try and force the carriers to come to an agreement.

0 Likes
Re: Tennis Channel back NOW!
ijlm

UNBELIEVABLE!!  Does this company not care about its customers or reputation.  To take the Tennis Channell off the air - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE US OPEN - without advanced warning or any sort of explanation, is a slap in the face to its customers and tennis fans.  Verizon listen to the outcry on these message boards and start meeting customer demands. Bring back the tennis channel immediately.

0 Likes
Drop the longhorn network and put Tennis Channel back on now PLEASE!!!
Nikonboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Take a look at your customer comments.  You have a great opportunity to make people happy with minimal cost.  Get the Tennis Channel back ASAP.  You can put on Ch. 79579 and we'd be happy!!

rkwhis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, please ASAP restore the Tennis Channel. That's the Tennis Channel I'm paying for!!!!! No Tennis Channel and I drop my Verizon services  - that's over $200 a month!!! Verizon have you heard of the US-Open? Need the Tennis Channel back on ASAP!!!!

Re: Drop the longhorn network and put Tennis Channel back on now PLEASE!!!
tns
Master - Level 2

Not the Longhorn fans.

Of course the Tennis channel slots still are there.  The Tennis Channel pulled the feeds from Verizon at the moment, trying to force Verizon to accept the new agreement.

Re: Tennis Channel back NOW!
AndyInVirginia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know who started this but I am annoyed to be the leverage in a business deal that I get no benefit from.  I paid for Tennis Channel and I want it now.  Bicker in this in December when I don't care about the coverage.

Philrodo
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm so fed up with cable providers. I can't wait for the day when we can get all our entertainment via Internet streams, by-passing the middlemen....

Verizon, shame on you! Bring back the Tennis Channel!
Bring Back Tennis Channel Now
paulh515
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am and avid tennis fan. I demand that FIOS negotiate with Tennis Channel to resolve this blackout immediately. Both of the parties caused this and they can resolve it.

WE WATCH THE CHANNEL EVERY WEEK FOR THEIR TOURNEY COVERAGE.

I have had Verizon FIOS since day one. I will cancel over this issue.

They can pull the plug in minutes and they can replug in minutes.

JUST DO IT AND DO IT NOW.