Re: Tennis Channel back NOW!
smuman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of dissatisfied customers. My understanding is that Tennis Channel has come to an agreement with the National Cable TV Cooperative (an organization Verizon belongs too) to bring Tennis Channel into the basic tier of programming, but that Verizon doesn't want to honor this agreement. It's pretty clear that the timing of this (in the middle of the US Open) showdown is intended to coincide with a time in which Tennis Channel has more impact and hence negotiating power, but none the less we at FIOS already pay the big bucks (i.e. a higher teir) to get the Tennis channel, and now we don't get it at all.

Between this and a few other annoyances, it might well be time to switch. Really it's the one thing we can do as consumers.

Re: tennis channel
djmm1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back Tennis Channel!!  It was cruel to cancel it during our nation's biggest tournament!!

DISGUSTED!!!

Re: Tennis Channel back NOW!
ilovetennis

YES!!!!!  I got Verizon BECAUSE OF THE TENNIS CHANNEL!!!!!  PUT IT BACK NOW!

0 Likes
Re: tennis channel
hgspyder01

I would say that this is on TTC, not Verizon. TTC charges Verizon for their service and Verizon is just trying to cover their costs. Verizon should be free to provide it on whatever tier they want. As much as I love TTC and would pay to have it, many don't care at all about it. So Verizon makes it available to those who want it. I believe that putting it on the lowest tier would not increase viewership as much TTC thinks it would.

0 Likes
Tennis Channel
wsicketc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am paying extra for this channel.  Your contract is not my problem.  The absence of this channel during the US Open is my problem.  I want my money back with penalty.

Re: Tennis Channel
KenWVT1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are perfectly in your right to cancel the sport package that includes the Tennis Channel. I for one am glad that FioS is not giving in to the ridiculous demands of the Tennis Channel. The Tennis Channel should not be a basic tier channel.

-Ken

0 Likes
Re: Tennis Channel
rafter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

why shouldnt it be? is the golf channel in the basic teir?

0 Likes
Re: Bring Back Tennis Channel Now
stus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree 100%.  How do they have the nerve to pull the plug in the middle of the biggest tournament in this country?

Re: Bring Back Tennis Channel Now
mihaitaa

I totally agree, this is a disgrace, bring the tennis channel back!

As I understand from sports.mydesert.com:

"The dispute revolves around what tier of service the Tennis Channel should be placed.

The Tennis Channel and the National Cable Television Cooperative, a consortium of cable operators that Verizon belongs to, reached a new deal that went into effect at midnight. The deal requires members to place Tennis Channel on a broad digital basic level — or not at all.

Under the previous agreement, cable operators could carry Tennis Channel on a digital sports tier that costs customers an extra fee each month. Verizon Fios has the Tennis Channel on its most expensive package called Ultimate

0 Likes
Tennis Channel
free04all
Enthusiast - Level 1

How could Verizon allow the Tennis Channel to be removed in the middle of the U.S. Open!  What incredibly bad timing!

I may have to switch Brighthouse.  I got the Ultimate package so I could have the Tennis Channel.  Please restore it ASAP!