Re: tennis channel
bobomet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well BeckyS_VZ - what bothers us most is the GOLF Channel is being handled differently than Tennis Channel, which affects the customers in two ways: 1). we pay far more for programming than do Golf Channel viewers, and 2). because of the costs, there will always be fewer viewers, which is a way of artificially suppressing ratings.

If Verizon were serious about TV in its future business model, it would be doing everything possible to increase the number of viewers on every channel it offers.

Re: Tennis Channel
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

tennis channel is more popular considering that the U.S. open is going on right now. Golf is not as popular in my opinion. remember jst my opinion guys ok.

0 Likes
Dropping of Channels
Tule1

Starting with Sept 4th, Verizon   announced by e-mail that they will take off the Tennis Channel. Period. No other explanation is given. I specifically signed up with Verizon for Tennis Channel . If the Tennis Channel or any other Channel for that matter is removed from the package is the 2 yr. contract void ? Can I get out of it w/o penalty ?

Tule

0 Likes
Iwillswitch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I joined the forum to simply state that I will gladly pay the $179 ETF and switch to DirecTV if Tennis Channel is not restored.  I do not care about the corporate sabre rattling--I care about tennis.  I'll be switching before the end of the month, if it's not restored.

jeanzych

Tennis Channel used to be on one of the basic packages but when I moved to a new house 6 mos ago I was told that I now had to have the ultimate package to get the Tennis Channel.  So I paid the higher price for the ultimate only because I wanted the Tennis Channel.  I want a credit since I am not getting what I paid for!  Verizon and Tennis Channel are using customers as pawns in their contract negotiations, especially with the timing of this caper.  I'm sure that doing this right in the middle of the US Open is no accident!  Verizon, if you are no longer going to offer a channel that has been offered in the past, it's pretty bad to just pull the plug at midnight and then send an email 10 hours later telling us about it.  WE WANT OUR TENNIS CHANNEL BACK!!!  If not, for me, at least, it's bye bye ultimate and possibly bye, bye Verizon!

0 Likes
theolivers2007

Bring Back the Tennis channel!!!!!! Its the only reason I have the ultimate package. Without the Tennis channel...byebye ultimate pckg. Verizon get your {word filter avoidance}together and stop {word filter avoidance} around with your customers. We want our Tennis channel back!!!!

0 Likes
noTennisAnyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do we organize to get Verizon to hear our plea?  Class-action anyone?

noTennisAnyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org) -- I just did.

0 Likes
bobomet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same with me ... I'm getting sick of it all with Verizon. If they prefer the Golf crowd over the tennis people, then so be it. I can have DirecTV and be happy too.

0 Likes
Tcfan
Enthusiast - Level 1
We too signed up for ultimate package for tennis channel and are incredulous that they would pull this on their customers during us open. I'm sorry, but tennis coverage on espn or USA or wherever else I manage to find it doesn 't come close to level of coverage we get on tennis channel. We too will be happy to pay our penalty and go to directed. Verizon is sorely underestimating the commitment of tennis fans. Please listen to your customers, Verizon.
0 Likes