The tennis channel
annemeyers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I suggest that someone on either side of the table get the tennis channel back to Verizon customers as the tennis channel is currently published as an offering on our FIOS TV schedule and, with or without regulation of cable providers, a lack of offerings currently published is surely something to be legally looked at. Anne Meyers

0 Likes
Re: tennis channel
paulh515
Enthusiast - Level 2

BRING BACK THE TENNIS CHANNEL. THE US OPEN IS FINISHED BUT THERE IS PLENTY OF TENNIS EACH WEEK. WE ARE MISSING DAVIS CUP THIS WEEKEND.

VERIZON SHOULD GET THE NEGOTIATIONS GOING AND TENNIS CHANNEL SHOULD WANT TO REACH THE SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE SIGNED UP FOR IT.

LET'S GO WITH RETURNING TC TO THE AIR.

PAUL H 

We want Tennis Channel back
laucha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Make a deal with Tennis channel ASAP. I can't hold any longer without this tennis channel. Otherwise I have to change the TV provider. May be Direct TV.

Don't fool around Guys, We, tennis fans, are in the middle of your fight.

eddie0510
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the Tennis Channel to begin negotiations during the US Open was all planned out.  They want more money and Verizon doesn't want to give it up. What will probably end up is Tennis Channel getting what they want and Verizon will increase the cost to the customers to recoup giving more money to the Tennis Channel folks. We all should just drop Verizon FIOS to teach them a less and go to Comcast and make them number 1 again. Verizon wants to mess with there customers which they could case less about and if they want loyal customers cut the crap and resolve the deal with the Tennis channel and don't increase customer monthly cost. Dummies!

adicecream1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me join the clamor to bring back tennischannel asap. 

I have heard that negotiations between verizon and TC have broken down and TC will not return to Verizon for months, if ever.  Does anyone know if that is true?

I paid $10 to watch davis cup via the internet this past weekend. And I am not a happy Verizon subscriber.  I have family members who have given up on TV cable/fios/whatever packages completely.  I may be next.

PS - your spell checker wants to replace fios with bios!!!  ha!

Re: Tennis Channel
time2hit
Enthusiast - Level 1

BRING BACK TENNIS CHANNEL!!!!!

I can't stand this.  I specifically joined Verizon for the no-hassle, uninterrupted programming....HAH!  Verizon is underhanded, deceitful, and a rip-off!  I can't believe Verizon didn't have the decency to post the truth on the Tennis Channel.  And, all of this while they are still charging for the premium package.  Great, if tennis channel is not available, how about reducing the price.  I spoke to a representative who said that they are trying to negotiate a better price with Tennis Channel, because they don't want to pass the cost on to the customer.  HAH!  That's rich!  That's exactly what is happening NOW.

Re: The tennis channel
SOCDJC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is the Tennis Channel carried only on the Sports Package and not included with the Extreme HD plan, just like the Golf Channel? We cancelled our Sports Package because the Tennis Channel should not be an extra charge on ExtremeHD, particularly since the Golf Channel is not.

0 Likes
Re: The tennis channel
tns
Master - Level 2

@SOCDJC wrote:

Why is the Tennis Channel carried only on the Sports Package and not included with the Extreme HD plan, just like the Golf Channel? We cancelled our Sports Package because the Tennis Channel should not be an extra charge on ExtremeHD, particularly since the Golf Channel is not.

Up until now Verizon put it in higher tiers because they couldn't justify its cost in lower tiers.  They pay per subscriber that gets the channel, whether they actually view it or not.  The biggest issue in the new deal is that The Tennis Channel wants to be included in the basic tier and above.  Some people say that would push verizon cost up by as much as 20 times the previous cost.

0 Likes
craesay

Just wanted to weigh in as another disgruntled verizon customer who will be switching TV providers if this doesn't get resolved very soon.

0 Likes
Trombird

I am canceling one of the STB's I have.  I have also stopped renting on-demand movies from Verizon.  If I can find a better provider I will (Comcast STINKS imho).  

Canceling the Tennis Channel during the US Open?  Really.  How stupid are they?

0 Likes