Re: tennis channel
Prosecutor
Enthusiast - Level 2

The one condition I had for signing us up for FIOS was that Tennis Channel be available. Cutting it off in the middle of the US Open was just wrong. And I have patiently waited for you to get things going. We pay for so many crap shopping channel/religious channel/infomercial channels and the one channel I need (and was misled upon and had to pay extra for) is the one channel I can't find. You should really take stock of the viewpoints expressed here--and not brush us off saying the forum is for users to help users--we are helping one another get what we want. I want Tennis Channel back now. Everyone at my club feels the same. It should be on the basic tier, the same as golf channel.

Re: When will Tennis Channel return???????
drjoe1

I've get the same lip service about the Tennis Channel now as I got six months ago. Apparently no one listens to this forum. Can't wait until my " contract is up" so I can return to Comcast!

0 Likes
Re: Love FIOS but love Tennis Channel more!
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

dont advertise tennis if you have no tennis channel ty

0 Likes
Re: Bring back the Tennis Channel - and have it on the basic or extreme package.
popo79941
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate not having the Tennis Channel.......Verizon is a discrace for taking it off .........I want it back!!!! Verizon must have been TOO CHEAP to pay for the Tennis Channel's Subscription!!!!

Re: Tennis Channel; listing FIOS On Demand movies separately in the Guide
Neal007

I also enjoyed watching tennis channel while I was with DirecTV, but switched to FIOS Triple play to save money.

I wish that Verizon gets the Tennis Channel available.  However!

Based on my experience, when I watched ESPN vs Tennis Channel coverage of 4 major tennis tournaments, ESPN has much better commetators and overall has better coverage.  This is just my opinion...

0 Likes
keric7333

I hear from a sport's writer that there will be an announcement soon. Probably this weekend. Let's hope that it's positive.

0 Likes
lizzybyrd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please, please, please lets see Tennis Channel back on FIOS.  With the Australian Open starting, I would rather watch on my HDTV instead of my computer on ESPN3.

0 Likes
Re: Bring back the Tennis Channel - and have it on the basic or extreme package.
bat40
Enthusiast - Level 1

To all tennis fans; Verizon has been irresponsible in acknowledging the consumers' needs. I have called them countless times since 9/2/11 and even written 2 letters to Verizon in Cherry Hill, NJ and St.Petersburg, FL to no avail. Unfortunately, Tennis Channel has no leveredge as they did with Comcast who tried to pull the same stunt. Charge the consumer more $$ by only allowing Tennis Channel to be viewed  on higher tiers. I have spoken to the press, specifically Philadelphia Inquirer who also tried to contact Verizon re this to no avail. Unfortunately they have us by the ___ as we also have the infamous bundle package and changing is almost like an act of congress. So, I ask you fellow tennis fans--call, write and e-mail Verizon with your complaints. After all, Verizon does advertise they are  customer service oriented. Thanks:)

Toasties
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you, they need to bring back the Tennis Cannel NOW! However, it is unfortunate, you have to remember, this is the phone company, and they really do not care what their customers think, or say...

I have one month left on my contract with these **bleep** at Verizon, and will be back to Direct TV where they have a whole slew of channels to watch tennis when the big tournaments are on (we all know the Australian starts Sunday). I really miss the superior customer service that I received when I was a long time Direct TV customer (probably 15 years). If I had a problem, they actually listened to me, and tried to DO something! I only really remember minor problems, after they FIXED my problem, they gave me extra programming, Direct TV knows how to really listen, and take care of customers.

It will take a whole lot of CUSTOMERS to leave Verizon FIOS before they actually even consider doing something different than collect the montly fees. So, if you're really upset, CANCEL your subscription as soon as you possibly can! Direct TV and whoever you left to take this deal, wants you back, you can probably get another good deal to leave Verizon, they do not care about ADDRESSING their CUSTOMER complaints... see you on the other side!

Re: Tennis Channel Cancelled? - Please keep.
VirginiaMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Australian Open is starting and FiOS subscribers in Virginia and presumably elsewhere have no access to The Tennis Channel apparently due to a contract dispute with Verizon. When will Verizon resume carriage of The Tennis Channel? If there is no scheduled resumption date, will Verizon allow me to cancel my Triple Play service agreement without penalty so that I can obtain The Tennis Channel from another service provider? 

0 Likes