The NFL does it again
bob

I'm a Pa. resident who has FIOS Premium TV service.  Part of this service is the NFL Network.  This evening, the Philadelphia Eagles vs Pittsburgh Steeler game was advertised on the NFL Network.  Within 15 minutes of the start of the game, transmission of the game stopped and I was not able to view the remainder.  Wondering if it was a station problem, I called my son who lives in NJ and happens to have the NFL Network with Comcast.  His was working fine, the only difference being was a NY Giants game was being transmitted.  When I called Verizon, I was told that there were "technical difficulties" with the feed but, strangely enough, it was only in the state of Pa.  Wouldn't you know it but, after the completion of the game, the NFL Network mysteriously came back up. 

I think that every Verizon subscriber impacted by this obvious attempt of the NFL Network to block transmission of the game in Pa. should request a 3 hour refund from Verizon for services purchased but not delivered. 

How does everyone else feel about this??

0 Likes
Re: The NFL does it again
Nols9835
The Game was on 6 ABC, Channel 814 (SE PA area).  The TV Guide said it was a movie, I forget what movie, but as far as I understand 6 ABC has the rights to the preseason games.  So I figured thats why the game was blocked on the NFL Channel.  Hope that helps for the next game if they should do that again.
0 Likes
bob

Yes, I know the game was on 6 ABC.  The big difference was that the announcers on 6 where Eagles announcers and the NFL Network had Steeler announcers.  Being a Steeler fan, I was more interested in what they had to say.  I got tired of listening how great the Eagles were.

Also, if that were the case, why didn't the NFL Network show another game in Pa.?  Why start the game, show about half of the first quarter, then block transmission?  Just pisses me off that I pay for a channel to watch something and can't because of the control these networks have over broadcasting.

0 Likes
Nols9835

Ahhh, didn't realize you were a Steelers Fan.  That had to be painful watching the ALL EAGLES Religous Show.....  I know what you mean.   Anyhow, don't know why they didn't show another game.  I know Commie-Cast did the same thing if the local Hockey team was on a national broadcast, they would over-ride that broadcast, show a blank screen and you had to watch on the local channel.  Which was fine for me since it was in HD, but it would've been nice to see another game in place of the blacked out game.  Guess it all comes down to advert monies.

0 Likes