Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
pc-va
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received the email this morning that the weather channel was replaced by Accuweather. Tuned to Accuweather channel and it is awful, no comparison to the weather channel. Accuweather is no substitute for the weather channel. It is like not having a weather channel at all. Verizon should renew its agreement with the weather channel and shouldn't expect its customers to be happy with substandard programming such as accuweather. Verizon makes millions of dollars in profit, cough up the bucks to give your customers the quality channels they pay for and deserve.

TampaDad2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree! It is terrible!

charley57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree.  Accuweather makes me want to puke.  It is so boring and lacks the flare of the weather channel.  If I didn't have a contract with verizon I would cancel and go with another carrier.

Another Reason to Cut the Cord
DFD2
Enthusiast - Level 1

With no prior notice, Weatherscan has been dropped. Now I can check the radar for Richmond Virginia or some other location which has no relevance for me, but will have to wait to see my own.  That really makes sense.  Guess I'll just turn off the TV,  THANKS Verizon!

Re: The Weather Channel
Shawtof
Enthusiast - Level 1
AccuWeather is horrible! It looks like a high school video project!

FIOS should be embarrassed for adding it to the channel lineup. They don't even show the weather for my area. All we keeping getting from FIOS is lousy channels for more money. BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!
Skidmark1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Living in a Gulf Coast state, such as FL, you rely heavily on The Weather Channel to keep you informed during the hurricane season.  Dish and Direct TV cable systems are useless as the signal constantly goes out during any weather occurance.  That is why I chose Verizon Fios, with underground wires.  Also Direct TV had just discontinued The Weather Channel.  The elimination of TWC is another "ding" against your company.  You are seriously at 3 dings now,  maybe it's time to go back to Bright House.

Re: **bleep**?!??! Where is the Weather Channel?!??!
TampaDad2014
Enthusiast - Level 2
The new channel is terrible! Verizon is a joke..even though people may check weather on other devices... TWC had other shows and programing other than weather. Guess I will start checking out cable or satellite.
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
sirkan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes! Please bring back The Weather Channel. Removing it without warning wasn't fair to the paying subscribers who could've provided valuable input before the decision was made.
anon4919
Enthusiast - Level 1

We want the weather channel back.  Accuweather is terrible.  Guess when my contract expires I will be moving on.

TWC - We Get Less but Pay More
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

In typical Verizon fashion, we are losing The Weather Channel at the same time we loyal customers are being charged more for the same service.

The arrogance of Verizon executives is boundless.

Throttling Internet bandwidth in order to upsell the service we should already be getting.

Pouring millions into lobbyists and govt to force us to pay more for adequate service.

Overpaying under performing executives.

Providing substandard customer service.

Bombarding public television with offensive advertisements.

The energy I have to exert to FORCE Verizon to honor the agreement I signed with them is ridiculous.

When my contract is up, I will cut them off completely. I need less grief in my life, and Verizon is a top exporter of grief these days.