Re: Weather Channel
Fjordstone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Aside from agreeing about the named weather systems being stupid, I will REALLY miss The Weather Channel and Jim Cantore. AccuWeather sucks. Verizon should at least give us a discount for giving us a bargain-basement weather service!

Re: Weather scan channel 49
Disappointed100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why was weather scan 49 taken away?  You make us take 400 channels we would never use, but take away one we do.  And you replace it with one (119?) that seems to be little more than an extended local commercial station. Who signs into a station that shows little more than commericials?  By the way, wasn't 119 and 619 the Weather Channel?  What happened to it?  The "Weather Widget" is clunky and more advertising.  Take away the 400 stations we could care less about and return the Weather Scan.  Very cheap of you.

Don't get rid of the WEATHER CHANNEL
birder3
Enthusiast - Level 1

PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THE WEATHER CHANNEL. This is one of the most important channels watched, especially for Florida with it's tornados and hurricanes!!!!  I don't know who in your organization thought to get rid of TWC but they need to stop the decision!!  DON"T GET RID OF THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!

I want Weather Channel back!
Lily33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just saw my email that Verizon is dropping the Weather Channel!  why would they do that!

I turn to the Weather Channel often - it's like a mainstay of news.

Dependable and always there.

if I don't get weather channel back, I'll be saying goodbye to Verizon!

dropping Weather Channel is like dropping CNN - need both to stay on top of things!

I want Weather Channel back VERIZON !!!!

Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

This was a total surprise.  No notice whatsover from Verizon until the day it happened.

Hey VERIZON, your customers should have a say in your content decisions since we are the consumers of said content!

Bring back The Weather Channel NOW!  My bill seems to keep going up so I think you can certainly afford it!

I have been with Verizon FIOS since its inception in our neighborhood (almost 10 years).  It might be time for a change!

Re: Weather Channel
charbar2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very upset about this.  We check Weatherscan everyday to determine what the weather  will be that day and current temp.  More importantly, this is a PUBLIC SAFETY issue.   People rely on the radar to show upcoming severe weather approaching and for  t-storm, tornado warnings etc.  During the recent snowstorm, the radar was extremely valuable in knowing when the storm would be clearing us so we could go out, clear out driveway, etc.  I am so upset and plan to post my complaints everywhere!!

2n4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm actually looking into possibly changing myself.

Re: I want Weather Channel back!
charbar2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very upset about this.  We check Weatherscan everyday to determine what the weather  will be that day and current temp.  More importantly, this is a PUBLIC SAFETY issue.   People rely on the radar to show upcoming severe weather approaching and for  t-storm, tornado warnings etc.  During the recent snowstorm, the radar was extremely valuable in knowing when the storm would be clearing us so we could go out, clear out driveway, etc. There is NO substitute for live radar anywhere else (insufficient on computer, phone app etc).   I am so upset and plan to post my complaints everywhere!!

Re: Don't get rid of the WEATHER CHANNEL
charbar2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very upset about this.  We check Weatherscan (part of TWC package) every morning to determine what the weather  will be that day and current temp.  More importantly, this is a PUBLIC SAFETY issue.   People rely on the radar to show upcoming severe weather approaching and for  t-storm, tornado warnings etc.  During the recent snowstorm, the radar was extremely valuable in knowing when the storm would be clearing us so we could go out, clear out driveway, etc. There is NO substitute for live radar anywhere else (insufficient on computer, phone app etc).   I am so upset and plan to post my complaints everywhere!!

Lennonhall
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not acceptable Verizon. You are licensed by the FTC and need to operate in the public interest. The Weather Channel isn't an entertainment channel (although they continue to try to entertain ... albeit somewhat lamely), it is a PUBLIC SERVICE. People need a good weather forecast, period. During Sandy I had no power (for 3 weeks) but during the storm, I was glued to the Weather Channel on my FIOS app on my phone. It kept me informed and I felt safer for it - as the storm raged outside at least I had a clue as to how much longer each phase would last. During this current horrific Winter, each snow storm has been well covered by the Weather Channel as well as the local channel on ch.49.

For Verizon, with its billions of $$ of profits, to cancel THIS PUBLIC SERVICE is, quite simply, not operating in the public interest. I was one of Verizon FIOS first customers (when FIOS came to Long Island). I am also a triple play customer with all the extras. I also have a Verizon cell phone. My monthly Verizon bill is close to $500. Do I count Verizon? Does my opinion matter to you? Because, frankly if you do not consider restoring the Weather Channel, I will probably go back to Cablevision and AT&T. And I can't stand either one. But it is clear to me that Verizon has no consideration for its customer base and their safety.