Re: The Weather Channel
frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Agree, we pay so much for this service and their line of "you can get weather off our app" is a crock of crap. So do we need 5 24/7 news channels? 3 financial channels, dozens of sports channels? IMO they violated the service agreement.
Weather Channel
zyggi
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was the worst thing you did

Weather channel was my favorite channel.

Do not be to cheap and restore this channel ASAP

dabceb1125
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why couldn't Verizon let us know their situation in advance?

I'm assuming Verizon knew its customers would want The Weather Channel to remain. Don't tell me that this move was to benefit its customers; especially after the fact!

FrankTruth
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want The Weather Channel back!  There has been no communication about the possible change and it constitutes a bait-and switch sales practice.  Suck it up and pay the licensing fees for their premium content - its worth it and you charge enough.

Accuweather is horrible and the WeatherBug widget is an intolerable crash prone, self-imposing POS - that is the absolute worse app ever made.  With the weather this winter, and in recent years, The Weather Channel provides valuable, necessary, information to the civic population which is not replaced by your proposed substitutions.  You are (or should be held accountable for) making yourself culpible for liability in natrual disasters by revoking access to The Weather Channel's programming.

This is a very bad decision and I truly hope the executive who made the decision is demoted or fired.  As a shareholder, I will be voting against this move and other proposals from the board, in retaliation.  You have decreased the value of your TV service and I strongly recommned unbundling your phone, TV and FiOS offerings if you are unable to provide the quality in each offering.

Fix it, undo your mistake, promptly.

rubyinmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shenanigans like this are why I don't sign contracts.  I can have Comcast (and The Weather Channel!) tomorrow. I want WeatherScan back too. I want to turn on the tv and have instant access to temps and radar and local conditions.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
vp51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree about wanting TWC back.  My son is a weather buff and until today, he watched TWC throughout the day.  Accuweather is not an apples to apples comparison with TWC.  We did look at it this morning.  Accuweather is designed for people who tune into a weather station solely to get the weather and then turn to another program.  TWC was a full service weather TV station that not only gave us the weather reports and predictions, but also taught about the weather, had programs on the weather, plus, the hosts were lively and interactive.   I wish we had been given an option to decide what we wanted.  I am very disappointed that I had to find out about the change with little notice and I had no input into the decision. 

NO EXCUSE FIOS!!!
nascardaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am disgusted with your decision to remove The Weather Channel! This has been compounded by giving your customer no notice what so ever! When I chat with your reps to complain about this they just don't care. No one at Verizon Fios cares!!! And you know what neither do I anymore! I had kept my service with you for a few years (even upgrading it ) because I had like what you provided compared to local cable. Your customer service level has always been the WORST in the industry though. However now that you have started taking away channels that I pay for and expect there is no telling what other channels you will decide to pull with no notice as well! Your outsourced customer service is surely not something I wish to pay for, that's for sure. Since you no longer have that competitive advantage of better "offerings" then local cable I think it is finally time for me to discontinue using your services completely and go back to local cable. You have finally nailed the final nail in your own coffin! I hope you are happy now Verizon FiOS!

eyespy3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have kudos been frozen for this subject, or am I just such a "mad granny" that I can't figure out how to do it!  The Weather Channel is an integral part of our day.  Our grandchildren grew up watching it every morning with their breakfast, learning how the weather "works" and also how it affects peoples lives.  A Verizon employee? No way. Just a senior who is trying to figure out how to protest in these crazy days when services come and go on a daily basis with little regard for the consumers wishes.

Route661
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back TWC!

The Accuweather replacement looks like an amateur production.

I wonder if this is like Charlie Ergen at Dish Network........removing the channel to try and force the content provider to lower their price demand.

Adios, Dirk

dabceb1125
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was the Weather m

@Nilsa_VZ wrote:

Important FiOS® TV Content Information

Dear Valued Verizon Customer:

Verizon’s agreements to carry The Weather Channel and Weather Scan have expired, and have not been renewed.  In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps.   Verizon is pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network, which will be available on FiOS TV on channel 119/619 (HD) and on our free FiOS Mobile App starting March 10, 2015.    Verizon will also provide the FiOS TV WeatherBug “widget” application, which features hyper-local weather, on FiOS TV channel 49; WeatherBug can also be launched by pressing the “widget” button on the FiOS TV remote.

Thank you!

Your Verizon Team

Weather Channel contract not renewed due to this"

"It’s possible that Verizon will merely leverage this into reacquiring The Weather Channel at a price it deems more reasonable. Last year, DirecTV dropped The Weather Channel for similar reasons, saying that it was broadcasting too much reality television in lieu of actual weather reporting. Indeed, in recent years, even The Weather Channel has fallen victim to the indistinguishable swamp of American cable television, offering a slew of reality programming that you might not be able to differentiate from the shows on any number of other cable channels. After acknowledging that its programming needed to be more weather-focused, The Weather Channel agreed on a new deal with DirecTV...."

0 Likes