Re: The Weather Channel
seachange1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If the Weather Channel is not brought back I am seriously considering changing carriers. I was in the process of changing when Fox went off the air. This is the last straw. Stop being so cheap Verizon. Your customers pay a lot of money for your services. Actually too much money. This is not acceptable!!! I have had it with your company!

GolfNJ1733
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unacceptable, unprofessional behavior by Verizon in dropping TWC.  At the rate they are going we will get two channels and pay the same rate.  They are just driving the millenials to the net and killing their own business model.

Re: RETURN "Live LOCAL Radar and 5 day forecast"
charbar2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very upset about this.  We check Weatherscan everyday to determine what the weather  will be that day and current temp.  More importantly, this is a PUBLIC SAFETY issue.   People rely on the radar to show upcoming severe weather approaching and for  t-storm, tornado warnings etc.  During a recent day long snowstorm, the radar was extremely valuable in knowing when the storm would be clearing us so we could go out, clear out driveway, etc. I am very nervous about driving in any bad weather, so I heavily rely on the live radar to know when there is a window i can go out.  There is NO substitute for live radar anywhere else (insufficient on computer, phone app etc). 

arnoldtoolman
Enthusiast - Level 1

@popo7994 wrote:

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

My wife is really upset with VERIZON and loosing the weather channel. Acuweather stinks. Bring back channel 49.

Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
pcash1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am checking out AccuWeather now.  Very unprofessional.  Splotchy sound, screen freezing up, etc.   Appears to be a "novice" production.   BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!

Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
Stmoritz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree.  For the amount we pay for our FIOS Verizon should come to my house to shovel my driveway let alone dump TWC.  It's all about Verizon controlling every aspect of our cable experience.  Didn't use to be this way!

rickster30
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's obvious Verizon does not care about FIOS or any of its landline services anymore.  They are selling California, Florida and Texas.  Most, if not all, of the senior executives are Verizon Wireless.  I can't remember when they added a decent channel.  I have been trying for years to get FIOS to carry the HD version of History 2.  All other cable companies carry it but not FIOS.  Why?  Also, a lot of people don't get their weather from smartphones and the internet.  My parents are in their 80s and don't have a smartphone and barely use the internet.  But they did use the Weather Channel and Weatherscan alot on FIOS.  Now they have nothing.  The Accuweather channel is a joke.... and this is from someone who has a Bachelors degree in Meteorology.  The only thing I agree with is the Weather Channel has way too much reality programming.  But when something bad happens they are there to give us good information.  VERIZON... BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!

Bring back the Weather channel.
arnoldtoolman
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife is really upset with VERIZON and loosing the weather channel. Acuweather stinks. Bring back channel 49. It is getting very frustrating with Verizon, the way they make changes without providing a solution to what is being removed. The wigets are slow and don't provide any of the information that was on the weather channel.

mrvinyl
Enthusiast - Level 1

This {word filter avoidance},

accuweather is useless.

Bring back the real and only Weather Channel.

Verizon claims to care about their "community" yet they continunally show they only care about making a dollar.

Verizon is not the only game in town.

it is time to move onl

ebyfeline
Enthusiast - Level 1

It was reported by news agencies that VERIZON sent an email to each subscriber.  More front office **bleep**!

Verizon is cheaping out.  I don't use my phone for weather.  How many people do?  More front office **bleep**!

I'm sure a meeting of 26 year old middle managers of programming decided this. 

Not all of us have the iPhone umbilical cord attached.