Re: Weather Channel
chabbyd
Enthusiast - Level 3
That's fine. Don't turn to channel 619 then. I find it useful

I didn't post to get into a debate. I am voicing my opinion. My decision is based on the CONTINUAL REMOVAL OF CHANNELS WHILE INCREASING FEES.

I AM NOT GETTING WHAT I PAID FOR
0 Likes
aj442
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, unfortunately, discovered that Weather Channel & Weather Scan had been removed. I was so shocked to see that. I didn't think any provider would be stupid enough to do that. I actually prefer Weather Scan to Weather Channel. Weather Scan has radar on screen 24 hrs/day, no commercials, no people talking, no other programming. It just shows the radar, the present conditions, details of the next 48 hours, and the 7 day forecast. For almost a year now, I've been having EXTREME water problems due to rain. There is a problem in my neighbor's yard that when it rains, I get a river of water coming over my back & side walls, flooding my yard & the property next door. The heavier the rain, the higher the chances are of my basement flooding. When rain is called for & I am going out for a while, I first checked Weather Scan to see how heavy the rain is. A number of times I have stayed home to keep check on my basement and to bail the water out. AccuWeather is terrible. I watched it for 15 min this am & saw info for cities in NY, Tx & Fl & then gave up & it doesn't have a non-stop radar. Weather Bug is now taken Weather Scan's place. Once you tune to that channel, you then ahve to press the FIOS TV button to bring up ifo. It's just basics. No radar. Definitely whoever made that bad call should be fired. There are a lot of unimportant channels on Verizon - why not get rid of them & bring back Weather Scan at least? Or find some other kind of weather channel that does the same thing as Weather Scan? I saw a suggestion that NBC owns those weather channels. So waht? We get other NBC channels.

Re: The Weather Channel
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

Accuweather is terrible. It is not interactive, you can't go to your local forecast ,or check the radar in your area very disappointed

cg10007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our bill goes up and up and they take away from us. I should have taken my business elsewhere.

hawkeye59
Enthusiast - Level 1

i also can't believe this decision.. The weather channel is the best coverage there is.   This channel also carries other content that provides learning and discoverying other ways of life that people are living.  This is a reason to think about moving off FIOS.

Weather Channel
Mitzi3
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK Verizon.  Enough is enough.  If you think AccuWeather in any way compares to the Weather Channel, you are crazy.  I just renewed my "bundle" for a bundle of money and now you take away one of my favorite channels.  Do you have any idea how many people depend on that channel?  Hopefully you and the Weather Channel will come to your senses and make a deal, or I will be one of many switching to Comcast.  What a revolting development that will be.  You are committing business suicide and alienating thousands of customers.  Guess you don't care!

james7837
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree! If not changed I will be going back to comcast!

@popo7994 wrote:

I AM POSTING A FORMAL COMPLANT AGAINST VERIZON FIOS FOR REMOVING THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND REPLACING IT WITH A EXTREMLY CRAPPY ACCU WEATHER.....WE PAY GOO MONEY FOR OUR SEVICES AND YOU HAVE TO LET ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHANNELS GO.....REALLY????  

IF IT DOES NOT COME BACK I WILL TAKE ALL MY SERVICES SOMEWHERE ELSE THAT CARES ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. I HAVE FAMILY ALL OVER THE USA AND I LIKE TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE SAFE WHEN THEY ARE HAVING BAD WEATHER. I HAVE A ONE BILL ACCOUNT WITH ALL THE BEST UPGRADES AND MY CELL PHONES WITH VERIZON. IF YOU CAN'T KEEP THE WEATHER CHANNEL FOR US THAN YOU ARE NO GOOD TO ME AT ALL. I'M SURE VERIZON MAKES ENOUGH MONEY TO KEEP THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

Bring Back The Weather Channel!!!!
SpookyAction
Enthusiast - Level 1

We were shocked to not see the Weather Channel on our service today.

We have been super-pleased with Fios since we got it, and this is really the first TV transgression. Please do what you have to do to bring back this service, as we pay alot for the TV side, and do think it should be reinstated with no delay.

You've made your point.

ashburn1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  Verizon has done a big dis-service to their customers by making these changes.  Call to complain and make our voices heard.  For high cost of service  this is unacceptable.  Will leave verizon when contract is up.

judys1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fully agree.  I continue to pay for either services I don't want that are considered upgrades or depleted services that are part of the value.  Take away the Weather channel and Verizon should credit us with less cost.  That one was a biggie!  I would switch in a heartbeat to another provider, but I think there are issues everywhere.  You are right...Accuweather doesn't even compare to the Weather Channel.