Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
Lewisk591
Enthusiast - Level 1

I love the PROGRAMS on The Weather Channel, and the crawl at the bottom with AREA weather forecasts. What is Verizon thinking???

They dropped it once before and the uprising of subscribers got it back. Everyone who is unhappy, SAY SO!

I have "very local" weather by looking at my own thermometer, so Weatherbug doesn't do anything for me. I can get my weather from my PC but that doesn't have the great weather-related programs or storm coverage.

Verizon--PLEASE bring back The Weather Channel!

Re: Weather Channel NOT RENEWED
carrolltontx
Enthusiast - Level 1

AS A VZ RETIREE AND CUSTOMER, I AM EMBARRASSED THAT THE VZ TEAM WOULD ATTEMPT TO SATISFY MY LOYALTY TO THE WEATHER CHANNEL BY USING "AccuWeather Network."  THIS IS HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL PROGRAMMING AT BEST AND IS TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE. 

WHOEVER THE EXECUTIVE IS THAT ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY FIRED AS WELL AS HIS SELF APPOINTED MARKETING EXPERT TEAM.  I AM CONFIDENT THAT I AS WELL AS A SIGNIIFICANT CUSTOMER SHARE WILL BE MAKING SOME CHANGES IN THE NEAR FUTURE TO WHO PROVIDES MY HOUSEHOLD WITH TV PROGRAMMING. 

I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH YOUR ROI OR CONTRACT RELATIONSHIP WITH THE WEATHER CHANNEL, WHAT I AM CONCERNED WITH IS THAT YOU HAVE PURPOSELY INTERFERRED WITH MY DESIRED PROGRAMMING AND I FOR ONE AS YOUR CUSTOMER WITH SEEK ANOTHER PROVIDER IF YOU DO NOT PUT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK INTO MY FIOS TV LINEUP.

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR DECISION AND HOPE THAT MY VIEWPOINT AS WELL AS OTHER CUSTOMERS REACH A HIGH ENOUGH EXECUTIVE LEVEL TO REEVALUATE WHY YOU WOULD UPSET YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND ISSUE SUCH A "DUMB'  NOTICE TO TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT WE DO NOT FOLLOW THE WEATHER CHANNEL BUT USE ALTERNATIVES, ETC.  SOMEONE CLEARLY IS NOT IN TUNE WITH YOUR WEATHER CHANNEL VIEWERS AS YOUR CUSTOMERS.  

WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT THE VZ TEAM IS WHO MADE THIS DECISION.  HELLO MARKETING!

Re: The Weather Channel
Bob941
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am extremely displeased with Verizon's decision to drop one of the most beneficial channels on TV - The Weather Channel.  The replacement station is a total joke.   We are now reviewing other TV carriers and most likely will be dropping Verizon.  Just another very poor decision by Verizon management.  Foolish.

john428
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very unhappy,  I don't always want to go searching for my app,  just switch to 49 for quick update and move on,also really liked all the storm coverage,  ACCUWEATHER is a cheap replacement for the weather channel.  Lousy decision,  Might start looking elsewhere for my TV/Internet/Phone service,  Can you say Comcast?  Accuweather is just bad, Terrible sound and have to wait forever to see my local weather.  Get The Weather Channel back.

Snedens
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm simply stunned that Verizon had the audacity to pull the plug on the Weather Channel without any fair warning. The Weather Channel is a primary channel in our household and is constantly running in the background. The channel is not just for providing weather, which they most certainly do better than any other network in the industry, but also weather-based content. The hubris involved with assuming Verizon can simply substitute one channel for another without customers caring is astounding in this day and age. Back to Optimum we go with our $300/month bundled package ...
Re: Weather Channel NOT RENEWED
trixie861
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!!!!!!!!!!  I jined this forum just to complain!!!  I would consider dropping Verizon if they don't bring the Weather Channel back.  They were not just a channel about weather, they had many programs such as "Weather Caught On Camera" and others that were informative and entertaining!  BAD CHOICE verizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@carrolltontx wrote:

AS A VZ RETIREE AND CUSTOMER, I AM EMBARRASSED THAT THE VZ TEAM WOULD ATTEMPT TO SATISFY MY LOYALTY TO THE WEATHER CHANNEL BY USING "AccuWeather Network."  THIS IS HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL PROGRAMMING AT BEST AND IS TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE. 

WHOEVER THE EXECUTIVE IS THAT ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY FIRED AS WELL AS HIS SELF APPOINTED MARKETING EXPERT TEAM.  I AM CONFIDENT THAT I AS WELL AS A SIGNIIFICANT CUSTOMER SHARE WILL BE MAKING SOME CHANGES IN THE NEAR FUTURE TO WHO PROVIDES MY HOUSEHOLD WITH TV PROGRAMMING. 

I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH YOUR ROI OR CONTRACT RELATIONSHIP WITH THE WEATHER CHANNEL, WHAT I AM CONCERNED WITH IS THAT YOU HAVE PURPOSELY INTERFERRED WITH MY DESIRED PROGRAMMING AND I FOR ONE AS YOUR CUSTOMER WITH SEEK ANOTHER PROVIDER IF YOU DO NOT PUT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK INTO MY FIOS TV LINEUP.

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR DECISION AND HOPE THAT MY VIEWPOINT AS WELL AS OTHER CUSTOMERS REACH A HIGH ENOUGH EXECUTIVE LEVEL TO REEVALUATE WHY YOU WOULD UPSET YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND ISSUE SUCH A "DUMB'  NOTICE TO TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT WE DO NOT FOLLOW THE WEATHER CHANNEL BUT USE ALTERNATIVES, ETC.  SOMEONE CLEARLY IS NOT IN TUNE WITH YOUR WEATHER CHANNEL VIEWERS AS YOUR CUSTOMERS.  

WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT THE VZ TEAM IS WHO MADE THIS DECISION.  HELLO MARKETING!

hermani
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree with poster. The Weather channel is basic and necessary! We watch it all the time, including their programming. Seriously considering dropping all FIOS and going to another provider unless weather channel is renewed. Apps and widgets are no substitute.

Snedens
Enthusiast - Level 1
Forgot to mention the fabulous new AccuWeather channel stream has been de-pixelating and sputtering since I turned it early this morning ... no issues with any other stations. So that's just some added insult to injury ... unbelievable.
No more Waether channel
Sally121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want the Weather Channel back! Not happy with the disappearance of extended  local weather from channel 49, either. Accuweather channel just tells me what's going on in Houston, Phoenix etc. I live in RI!

oldskool2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Normally when I awake, I turn on Weatherscan and check out the forecast for the day. Has informative maps and etc. Now, Verizon has taken off Weatherscan AND the Weather Channel? And replaced it with some abomination! What is wrong with you people?? Can you at least notify someone when making such a large change in programming such as this? Dont worry. I see how you treat paying customers by removing programming that is actually useful and informative. Is a good as time as any to opt out of your programming all together, as it has less and less diversified. Bring Weather Channel and Weatherscan back or I bail.