Weather Channel
Pamsmith1
Enthusiast - Level 1
I did not receive any notice and today the weather channel was replaced with accuweather. This accuweather does not show my local forecast and the voice and picture freeze up every few seconds. We have been watching the weather channel for years and the team that reports is excellent. We are going to investigate switching from verizon service since we are fed up with verizon!
Bring back the Weather Channel
doistrakh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accuweather seems to be a poor immitation of the weather channel.  I now do not have local weather as readily available and the detail that Accuweather has is subpar.  I recommend brining back the weather channel otherwise customers may leave.

Weather Channel
lackoffunds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want the weather channel back! I am not happy about this the least! What a dumb idea by a bright service.

0 Likes
Bring Back The Weather Channel!
Tony761
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS is a premium service, yet has only one weather channel, which is now Accu Weather.  This is a terrible substitute.   Why do we have way too may sports channel which I do not view, and cannot have access to the best weather service - The Weather Channel!   FIOS customers pay a premium price for their service and expect the best content in return.  The Weather Channel has been a staple of many subscribers for decades.   Why deny this service to FIOS customers who are supposed to be the most discerning and loyal viewers?   I will no longer recommend FIOS to anyone, unless this issue is resolved.  This demostrates a disregard of Verizon management to the needs of their customers.  And the way it was done was deplorable - a last minute email with no prior warning.

FIOS - get your act together and think about your customers!

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
MarkZablotny

What are you THINKING?  No Weather Channel -- we are going to Comcast. 

0 Likes
WEATHER CHANNEL
RLPEACOCK

I am no longer receiving the Weather Channel, I am so disappointed in this change. the new Accu Weather is horrible, it is very cheaply broadcast.  It is statically and the delayed speech is annoying, this looks as someone wanted to cut cost, and it sure does show. Accu Weather is only good for a phone app, and not for broadcasting. I renewed my contract with the line up with the Weather Channel and now i am paying for this horrible Weather Station. I am considering on getting rid of Fios now and going with Apple TV or Roku. It seems as though when something is good, it gets taken away. Verizon customers should have been asked to vote on what they would like to have. But no this is another way to fill the pockets of Corporate Greed and take take from their customers with this mediocre weather station. I cannot stand to watch these anchors and the distortion. I want a credit to my account for this interuption. What a big mistake on Verizon part.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
Lorenz5
Absolutely agree, this is one of our main stations watching it for years. Accuweather does not come close. Worth breaking our contract for and going back to Time Warner, tired of all Verizon's games. Verizon bring back WeatherChannel
0 Likes
Re: Why is the weather channel gone?
REP2745
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is up soon....Verizon FIOS will be history for us

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
lackoffunds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want my Weather Channel back! Fios you can go bye bye too.

0 Likes
Re: Dropping the Weather Channel
RoseJ1

Bring back the weather channel

0 Likes