The Weather Channel
Plaintruth1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for getting  rid of TWC!! It's made my decision easier to DROP VERIZON  and subscribe to COX at the end of my contract. Instead of doing away with all the mind less crap you provide ,you again lower the quality of programming !!

Re: The Weather Channel
GradyBob

We've been a FIOS customer since the first day it became available in our area and spend $200 plus a month on our service. While other family members make use of many of the TV features I do three things:  watch Ravens football, watch the evening news and MAKE GREAT USE OF WEATHESCAN on channel 49.  IMHO the accuweather being provided on 619 is virtually useless for so many reasons there isn't enough space here to list them all.  

We've been relatively pleased with our FIOS service until now but for you to make this change in this manner with the sketchy explanation provided is, again IMHO, beneath the corporate image of Verizon.

I've just become aware that our contrac is due for renewal soon and, to be honest, for the first time I'm going to have to think about whether that's in my best interest.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have no issues with you not renewing weather channel, especially since the programming has been going downhill fast (Al Roker, Sam Champion, Fat Men in the Woods, those gem diggers- all of it sucks!!!!).

However, Accuweather's format is unimaginative and rather annoying.  Why dis you also take WeatherNation away recently.  We need a better Weather Channel replacement- but keep Weather Channel off the air!!!!

0 Likes
Re: **bleep** about losing Weather Channel. AccuWeather Channel 619 sound is horrible, popping and c
Plaintruth1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's like watching Japanese tv.. the words and pic are not sync"d properly !!

0 Likes
SoCalAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  I can't believe that they are dropping the Weather Channel.  My family watches this channel alot.  Poor decision by Verizon.

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL
dpi1766

I am really angry about the Weather Channel being removed and without any notice to boot.  Accu Weather sucks, the audio is horrible and you have to wait an hour to see you local weather.

DIRECTV made the same bonehead move and they brought it back. 

And please..............all this blah blah "In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps,” Verizon writes in the announcement.

ITS ABOUT THE MONEY. ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY. I pay over $200.00 a month to Verizion for my TV programming as we all do,  and I want the Weather Channel!!!.Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Weather Channel **bleep**
doc_ozone
Enthusiast - Level 1
Accu weather sucks, bring back TWC. You are probably trying to improve your profits by broadcasting lower quailty product and hope nobody notices. Well we noticed!
GradyBob

We've been a FIOS customer since the first day it became available in our area and spend $200 plus a month on our service. While other family members make use of many of the TV features I do three things:  watch Ravens football, watch the evening news and MAKE GREAT USE OF WEATHERSCAN on channel 49.  IMHO the accuweather being provided on 619 is virtually useless for so many reasons there isn't enough space here to list them all.  

We've been relatively pleased with our FIOS service until now but for you to make this change in this manner with the sketchy explanation provided is, again IMHO, beneath the corporate image of Verizon.

I've just become aware that our contract is due for renewal soon and, to be honest, for the first time I'm going to have to think about whether that's in my best interest.

i WANT MY BLEEPING WEATHER CHANNEL!!!

0 Likes
EVERY morning I watch the Weather Channel
BlackieStJames
Enthusiast - Level 1

I could not believe my eyes this morning when I tried to tune to TWC and the local TWC report. Where else can ou get unbiased news and information to be prepared for your day? An what a lame fascimile they put in it's place, AccuWeather? You just put me back 20 years.

I will be investigating COMCAST Xfinity!

Where else can I complain?

0 Likes
Fmm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am calling tomorrow to demand a credit for losing the Weather Channel, I chose the plan I am on mainly for the Weather Channel.