Re: Weather scan channel 49
kjd1172

Dear Verizon,

Due to the lack of the weather channel being cancelled, and my contract have expired, and have not been renewed in some time I will be shopping for a provider that acutally HAS a weather channel, and a NEWS12. I do not think we should use an "APP" to look at weather but a actual channel ON TV.

Sincerly,

Your soon to be Ex-Valued Verizon Customer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Verizon Customer, 

Verizon’s agreements to carry The Weather Channel and Weather Scan have expired, and have not been renewed.  In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps.  Verizon is therefore pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network, which will be available on FiOS® TV on channel 119/619 (HD) and on our free FiOS Mobile App starting March 10, 2015.  Verizon will also provide the FiOS TV WeatherBug “widget” application, which features hyper-local weather, on FiOS TV channel 49. WeatherBug can also be launched by pressing the “widget” button on the FiOS TV remote.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

0 Likes
if u dont bring back the weather channel
paxtonsunny
Bring back the weather channel or I will drop your service like you dropped them. That was the ONLY station that stayed on my tv all day long. I cannot believe you took this away from us with no warning. Nothing can replace Cantore!
0 Likes
Interesting that Live Chat is not available now to complain about TWC
StephNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, there's really no formal e-mail address to send complaints, etc for service, missing channels, etc.  How convenient!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
nkpltrr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree as well. Bring back the weather channel. Accuweather is bad and so pixellated we cannot even watch it. Weather channel had more beisde the weather and it was much better. Bad move Verizon!!!

0 Likes
Re: Interesting that Live Chat is not available now to complain about TWC
LusoIberian

I was about to complain about the same. 

Channel 119 is not working and the one with the widget -- I need to get a different box? What is that about? I have to pay more money? Not happy at all!

0 Likes
Slamont4
Bring back the weather channel. I have 3 cable tv companies in my area and 2 satellite providers to choose from. It might be time for me to drop fios.
0 Likes
Please bring back the Weather Channel
LuvWeatherCh

Please bring back the Weather Channel! AccuWeather is not the same and is significantly below expectations. Very disappointed with FIOS dropping the Weather Channel. Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we renewed last year having the Weather Channel was a part of our decision to remain FIOS customers--despite daily calls and in person visits from competitors with amazing offers to switch from FIOS. 

Please bring back the Weather Channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Bring back the Weather channel.
CarlScheef

My wife is also very upset with Verizon and the dumping of both the Weather Channel and any LIVE radar by also getting rid of Weatherscan on Channel 49 ... plus Accuweather has no Closed Captioning and does not provide accessibility to the Deaf community, while the Weather Channel does ..... She is highly upset and is wanting to go back to BrightHouse. I'm not so sure that I disagree with her because while I often use the Internet for weather and radar, there is nothing better than live local Radar on the big screen when surprise and severe weather is threatening or when you don;t feel like reaching for the SmartPhone.

Accu-weather is not impressive and all and is not local at all. The Weather Channel is so much better.

Maybe going back to BrightHouse is the right choice.

0 Likes
Re: Please bring back the Weather Channel
JT1232

Yes, bring back The Weather Channel. It's more than just weather.  It has some decent shows.  I can't wait to cancel FIOS at the end of my contract.  Overpriced.  Netflix here I come.  

0 Likes
LooLoo22
Enthusiast - Level 2

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!! accuweather's fine on my computer but when I tuned in this evening it was like watching an online weather show on my tv. what am I paying for? don't cheap out on us - we want our weather channel back! I want my "Local on the 8's".

BOOOOO! Verizon. For what I pay I should get the weather channel. Wanna save money? get rid of those stupid shopping channels no one watches! 

WHEN will cable get to the point where we don't have a "package" - and we only pay for what we actually want? All those sports channels I never watch... ugh!

I agree w/ Chris60 - 

0 Likes