Re: weather channel drop
GoLakers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree with you.  Can't stand Accu-Weather Channel.  What a joke! Going to drop FIOS TV when contract expires if Weather Channel is not back.

Re: The Weather Channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My comments:

1) I agree that the Accuweather channel is not as professional as TWC.

2) Accuweather has been around for 50+ years. Their data is as accurate as TWC in an overall context (you can always find times where one is more accurate than the other just like th differences between local forecasts o the OTA channels).

3) Yes, it was a monetary issue. But how many complaints would there have been had Verizon said they had to do a price increase (and not necessarily attributed it to TWC contract)?

4) Verizon says they chose not to renew. Could be that they and TWC could not come to terms. DirecTv dropped them for a while last year. Only way they came back is by TWC offering concessions. They have a much larger customer base than Verizon and therefore a much larger bargaining power. And they do have to look at the larger customer base where more and more people get weather (and other data as well) via alternate means besides a cable channel.

5) May not have been completely ready to implement, but assuming the contract was up, sometimes you have to make a business decision.

6) Not sure how many people will really switch, and given that only a few hundred complaints, they may have done the business decision to go forward and take the possible hit of some users leaving.

7) I beleive you will see this more and more and the struggle between content providers and cable companies continues with the customers being squeezed in the middle.

😎 Seeing as how we now have accuweather, how about getting on their social media, expressing your complaints about their content and what you would like to see them improve. Yes, I know we shouldn't have to, but lets make lemonade.

0 Likes
countrypfs
Enthusiast - Level 2

ACCU WEATHER IS HORRIBLE - HORRIBLE - HORRIBLE!!!!!! Just liking watching FIOS 1 NEWS

Weather Channel keeps us all informed with every detail, every alert to help us stay safe.. we pay top $ for your programming and you stated this was also a money issue with Verizon,  well is your saving money then we should all be seeing a rebate in our next bill - correct.

STOP THE NONESENSE AND GIVE THE PEOPLE WANT WE WANT AND ALREADY PAY FOR

Re: weather channel drop
oniesecret
Enthusiast - Level 1

I toltally agree that Accuweather is horrible and I am also looking to drop Verizon as my provider.

Re: Miss the Weather Channel
lcsadler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Weather Channel should be restored.  It is an important public safety  source whene there is severe weather.  AccuWeather just doesn't do it.  What can we do to get it back?

Weather Channel
BigEddieT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I just got finished paying my $428 verizon bill and was not happy to learn that the weather channel was cancled. I certainly hope you hear your customers pleads and bring it back. The weather channel delivers the most comprehensive coverage of the weather. When a dangeroous strom is brewing they give you the best coverage. BRING IT BACK!! I gave accuweather a chance and I tell you I am not impressed. i could'nt even hear the report since it was all garbled. 

Cynthiaspeaks
Enthusiast - Level 1
I totally agree with the hundreds of other posts here. This action, done by Verizon, plus their lame excuses, are so demeaning to us, their "valued customers". The weather channel was one of my top ten favorites, and even though I still have one year left on my contract, I am, starting today, shopping for another provider. I have watched the weather channel for over 25 years. My parents, uncles, and parents would watch this channel for hours, especially during inclimate weather, because they soooo depended on getting up-to-date information. I can't stop fuming, and it's only been 24 hours!
Qathome
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is really stupid. I miss The Weather Channel and AccuWeather is completly HORRIBLE. This a really really stupid move on Verizon's Part. I am now thinking about switching back to Bright House. I have had FiOS for 4 years and this is the stupidest thing they have done.

MashaMT
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Accuweather channel has no sound at all. It looks like an inferior version of Weatherscan.  **bleep** Verizon!

This does not merit an HD - no sound, inferior weather, if you wanted to promote accuweather over your rival's comcast - you should have give accuweather one of your empty channels and perhaps once accuweather figured out its bugs and gained popularity you might have considered replacing weather channel with accuweather.

But you just dropped an inferior product barely rating an SD to HD channel, it has NO FREAKING SOUND! Its worse quality than FIOS 1, what is WRONG WITH YOU!

Re: The new AccuWeather channel has no audio
IloveTWC
Enthusiast - Level 2

The channel has been horrible.  I believe they did maintenance last night.  The channel was unavailable for a few hours last night.  The video and audio are not in sync and the video is patching. (streaming issue)

0 Likes