Re: The Weather Channel GONE??
IloveTWC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really think if they modify the channels we are subscribing to, we should have a window to opt out of our contract after that change without a penality.

0 Likes
Why have "live" tv without my LOCAL "The Weather Channel"!
mamafyd

I'm sure that people are becoming much more wise as amazon, hulu, and netflix are able to give us what we want--pretty much "On Demand"--who needs live tv?

0 Likes
Mumzie1

I'd like to know what happened to the 58 pages of posts and 571 posts in regard to Verizon dropping the weather channel. Where did  that go?

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
mamafyd

Seriously!  The ONLY live TV I watched was the Weather Channel.  I don't see a need to renew my contract with fios if they can't renew their contract with Weather Channel

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
IloveTWC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I decided I was going to give Verizon 7 days to get it restored.  6 more days to go!!

Dear Verizon,

Don't even bother spending your IT department's time on fixing the horrible streaming issues with the AccuWeather channel.  Just bring back The Weather Channel!!!

0 Likes
IloveTWC
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Change in weather stations
rkunze1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I turned on my TV this morning to find out that Verizon has eliminated the local weather channel and switched the national channel to Accuweather.  I'm no big Al Roker fan so I figured I would check it out.

After turning to Accuweather several times today I'm able to certify that their info is crap. 

I live in Virginia Beach, there is no local info given, they just want to tell you 100 times in 35 minutres what is happening in the "I95 corridor".  THey seem to only care about the northeast, Accuweather is garbage and the loss of a local station makes DirecTV look attractive.

0 Likes
Re: Change in weather stations
MrBoz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, am very dissatisfied with the change in weather stations. I found the previous Weather Channel station to be much more informative and reliable, especially with the "Local Weather on the 8's" feature which allowed me to get a quick, informative update on today's weather and the 5 day outlook. I find the new AccuWeather station to be much less informative.

Re: Change in weather stations
berty2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate the new channel. I hear about every part of the country except where I live. I definitley will be making a change back to Comcast

@MrBoz wrote:

I, too, am very dissatisfied with the change in weather stations. I found the previous Weather Channel station to be much more informative and reliable, especially with the "Local Weather on the 8's" feature which allowed me to get a quick, informative update on today's weather and the 5 day outlook. I find the new AccuWeather station to be much less informative.

Bring BackThe Weather Channel
Geoguppy
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are a lot of us weather nerds out there.

I like watching the special coverage of storms. I like being able to see the weather in other parts of the country.

And in case you haven't noticed, Verizon, TWC actually has programming that is not merely reporting on the weather but actual SERIES programs.

Since TLC went all oddball-centric, The Weather Channel is still one of my go-to's for at least somewhat educational material. The series programming, combined with live weather coverage (I was certainly watching the meteorologists out in the Boston blizzard and other storms, for example), and the weather maps and forecasting... Well, yes I can get that stuff online, but if I go by that line of thinking, I will be getting rid of ALL cable.

Please, Verizon, re-sign with The Weather Channel... Or I too will end up switching to "the other guys."

You lure people into contracts, Verizon, then randomly change your side of things. I remember when there was talk of getting rid of AMC. I would be willing to bet you have seen the light on that one, owing to the loyal - and huge - fan base for its shows. Maybe you should consider how many people actually appreciate The Weather Channel... or better yet, do some polling or research.

Also, I cannot believe that the switch to a flippin' widget from a substantive channel with live and pre-reconrded programming doesn't save you some money. So, are you passing that on to consumers? Are you even considering those many who have contracts that have essentially been ignored, but who would have to pay a hefty fine to terminate early?

0 Likes