Re: The Weather Channel
kristyr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely rediculous -- this is all because Verizon doesn't want to pay for it.  Some of my favorite shows are on the Weather Channel and now it - and Weather Scan - are gone with no notice?  Unacceptable.

Re: The Weather Channel - bring it back
Zerric
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have Verizon Fios lost their **bleep** minds?  OH NO! we do not want to pay anything to give our loyal customers what they request/require or need.  I called, I petitoined and i complained.  My next step is either Xfinity or Dish, i refuse to do Direct TV because they are partners with FiOs .

bdtj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the weather scan with local color radar.

We look at it daily.

The Weather Widget is an inferior alternative.

Yes we look at weather online but mostly we tune to channel 49.

@popo7994 wrote:

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

@popo7994 wrote:

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

Re: The Weather Channel and Weatherscan - Bring Them Back !
yankee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Weather Channel and Weatherscan are an important part of the reason why I chose Verizon over other services. My subscription is up for renewal, and I have liked Verizon , but will be checking other options now. Is some other option for quick local weather info being considered for Weatherscan instead of AccuWeather on Ch119 ??

The new Accuweather taking place of the Weather Channel
Scarlett03
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am really unhappy about the Weather Channel being taken off. The Accuweather would be okay if they posted the weather of our area on the bottom instead of everyone. That's what the man in front of the U.S. is for. I know that we have the Weatherbug but that just post the area I live in. Not the surrounding cities around me. I would hope someone will look into that. Please bring the Weather Channel back and the radar scan. This is just sooooo not right. No notice just bam here you are take or leave it. Well, I'm gonna think on that but I went to Verizon because Cox Comm is no better. Bring TWC back!!!

TOOK OFF BOTH WEATHER CHANNELS
nothx3
Enthusiast - Level 1

REALLY DISAPOINTED I PAY SO MUCH EACH MONTH FOR SOO MANY CHANNELS I DONT WATCH! NOW YOU TAKE AWAY ONES THAT I DO??

Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather stinks
graysquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

We agree.  Accuweather is not as accurate as what is presented on The Weather Channel.  We enjoyed its shows and will be leaving Verizon if it is not brought back. 

DriverX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Verizon for dumping TWC!  I could care less about the "celebrities"! TWC has devolved to a reality tv channel

and getting national weather at 2:00 am was impossible unless I went to the internet.

Nice to flip on the big screen and see the radar for Dallas or Chicago. Some of us travel more than 10 miles daily and just want a forcast without the fools dancing around in front of the map!  Do we really need to see 25 "reporters" standing out in the rain or snow to know it's raining or snowing?

Accuweather is getting back to basics without the drama and rock star egos.

Does anyone ever stop to think that the trucking industry depends on the weather more than anyone else?

We need to see whats going on to make sure YOU have food, gas and medical supplies, on time, when you need them!

Anyone that wants to go back to cable, don't let the door hit you in the butt.

Cooperman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want The Weather Channel back!!!!! ; I agree, the current customers should have a vote to change on the change! ; The Weather Channel has a lot more than just weather....I used to watch it everyday day; Additionally, I watched Accuweather for an hour and NEVER heard the West Coast mentioned; Guss where I live.....California. I can live without Accuweather.....I want The Weather Channel back!

0 Likes
Cooperman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kudo by mistake...... Accuweather sucks

0 Likes