BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!
kpa1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

ACCUWEATHER IS USELESS. It doesn't even show the weather in my area. There isn't a decent channel line-up without the Weather Channel.

We all know Verizon could care less about it's customers, but this is totally rediculous. They keep giving me reasons to drop them. They finally did it.

Re: The Weather Channel
ladyo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Spring is around the corner and with it comes severe storms for a large part of the nation. TWC provides updated and vital information during those times. Some of their programming has changed just like most shows, but TWC provides complete coverage during severe weather incidents. AccuWeather is NOT a satisfactory replacement.  If TWC is not returned very soon I will look to leave Verizon FIOS.

The Weather Channel
dennysharon

I want to lodge my complaint against the removal of the Weather Channel. The new weather channel is no comparison to TWC. Our bills keep increasing yet Verizon keeps removing great channels. I have been a Verizon customer for years. My contract is up in May and I will be moving to another service. Verizon does not care about it's customers so I will find another service.

0 Likes
Romulus18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am writing to you today to express my extreme displeasure with your decision to discontinue The Weather Channel (TWC) from my FiOS television lineup. TWC has been a cherished part of my viewing experience to which I tune in each day when I get ready for work and when I arrive at home. TWC provides a predictable source of key information for my daily planning and for severe weather coverage.

Your decision to drop TWC without my input may be a grave and misguided mistake. Consider that loyal subscribers like me are now placed in the difficult position of having to decide whether or not to continue subscription services with Verizon FiOS over the issue of this one, seemingly insignificant channel. According to your 10 March email, the reason for dropping TWC was that “customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps.” Let’s think about that a bit. I would suggest that the market segment that accesses weather information in this way may not a fair representation of your loyal Verizon FiOS subscribers. Chances are that individuals who access content in this way are most likely co-habitants of paying subscribers. These include Millennials who are quite adept at finding online content for free. Not folks like me who are willing to pay upwards of $200/mo for bundled phone, high-speed internet and television services for my household.

While your pricing dispute with TWC is unfortunate, the channel itself is an extremely popular and a singularly unique product offering over which some subscribers may be willing to leave their current service provider. And while the decision to drop TWC may be a calculated business risk, it is important to consider that a lost customer represents revenue lost not just from television subscriptions, but also high-speed internet, telephony, and wireless - the whole bundle.

The flaw in your business decision, as I see it, is that Verizon FiOS appears to be counting on a future market segment that is less likely to sustain your current business model in the near or long term and alienating an existing market segment that can. That decision could very well become a case-study in how to grossly misjudge your customer base.

Lcreader
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree. I don't like the accuweather format and hate the new channel. I think FIOS is forcing us to use a weather app instead of watching, just to prove their point. Not cool. There are other cable providers out there and it may be time to find one! It's not the first time FIOS has removed a great channel. I've been a customer for a while but I don't remember ever being sked how I want my money spent. Do we really need over 1000 channels? Get rid of some of those and use the money for good channels like The Weather Channel!
PLEASE bring back TWC !!!
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3
Weather Channel and Weatherscan were the first and last things on the TV in this household (I rarely watch anything else). In severe weather, it was on constantly. I'm terribly, terribly disappointed with Verizon. A smartphone or tablet is simply no substitute for live, up-to-the-minute reporting with commentary from seasoned meteorologists and excellent graphics.

I called Verizon to register my complaint (1-800-837-4966) and was able to speak with a polite and sympathetic young woman. Got $20 off our monthly bill (BTW, we have NEVER had a contract with Verizon) until we wait and see whether this channel is restored to the line-up. As a Verizon Service Rep, guess how she found out about the dropping of TWC? By e-mail, just like us! How would you like to be the ones answering the phones on Tuesday when this hit the fan??
0 Likes
WLee1987

Removing The Weather Channel was a very bad business decision by Verizon.  It is unfortunate that Verizon has such bad customer service and a bad reputation among many, however, removing TWC is, yet again, a show of the bad management of Verizon.   What are they trying to do?! -- Lose many more of the customers who are already disappointed with customer service, like me?   I am considering Dish or DirecTV, which I have been informed have excellent customer service.   Also, all the cable/satellite services that my friends and family use have TWC.   Verizon, please bring back TWC and restore some integrity to your company. 

0 Likes
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3
Romulus18 (Post #871):

Well said, and I could not agree more!
0 Likes
Re: can't fgure out where to file a complain
wordmaster

Dropping the Weather Channel was a huge gaffe on Verizon's part.  Many thousands of us use it regularly, particularly in times of urgent need.  Who do we complain to?  We need to know.  

0 Likes
MtnHiker60

I agree with the complaints about removing the Weather Channel.  I came online to check when my contract ends.  I won't be renewing with Verizon.  The selection of channels seems to be getting worse and worse all the time.

0 Likes