The Weather Channel
JAM61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I`m not very happy about losing The Weather Channel!!! Accu -Weather is not the same., no matter what you people at Verizon think.Drop some other useless channel, becauce you have plenty to choose from.(From a disgruntled customer)The Weather Channel Is an American Staple!

Re: Bring back The Weather Channel
ColumbiaMD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

II agee!! This new channel STINKS!!!. I can't believe Verizon dropped the ball on this, the Weather channel was way more informative and educational. We also miss our local weather information channel. It was something we checked multiple times daily.  We are very unhappy longtime customers.

Re: The Weather Channel
BBWC

Watching AccuWeather is like watching paint drying.  Bring Back Weather Channel.... I;m not a satisfied customer.  We the customer should have a vote on what WE want.

0 Likes
bobbos7
Enthusiast - Level 2

The decision to drop The Weather Channel is obviously extremely unpopular with FIOS customers

including myself. I think Verizon is seriously underestimating what a competitive disadvantage they are

creating for themselves with this move. This channel is a component of minimum cable TV service,

just as important as other staples such as FoxNews, CNN, and ESPN.

A wise remedy would be for Verizon to openly admit their error, apologize to customers, and to restore

The Weather Channel to the lineup.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
blegs38552
Contributor - Level 1

Losing the Weather Channel really does suck. I have been a FIOS subscriber for some seven years, and just renewed my two year contract. Too bad...had I known this, I would have switched over to Optimum, much as I dislike some of their features and practices. The Weather Channel has been an important part of our news lives for years - no other channel comes close to matching them in terms of the depth of coverage, or the variety of programs. The only thing they could have done better would have been to provide regional weather on the i for the HD channel, as they did for the SD channel. However, i see no evidence that Accuweather comes anywhere near close to them in either programing, or coverage if major weather related events. I don't want to hear about the cost - I would gladly waive a whole bunch of other channels to get this back.

Re: Bring back the Weather Channel!
DualityMan

My wife and I totally agree.  We both enjoy the weather channel, especially their extreme weather shows.  It's a shame that Verizon is too stingy to continue providing this service when I'm paying a small fortune for their service.

0 Likes
Bring back Weatherscan
myname1177

Please bring back Weatherscan.

Accuweather is useless for the current local weather conditions and forecast.  I do not like the widget.  It is does not replace the information provided by Weatherscan.

I pay a lot of money for FIOS TV.  Verizon, do not tell me to use my smartphone or other mobile device to obtain weather infomation.

0 Likes
stan913

I agree, this is a sad day, they better bring this back or they will lose a lot of customers.  I hate comcast, but I might start looking into them now.

RCN sounds like a better place as well.

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
jpgkc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I AGRRE, my bill is $200 a month and you need to save money???

I WANT THE WEAETHER CHANNEL BACK, this was a VERY poor decision on your programing part. Whoever thought of this SHOULD BE FIRED.

What happened to customer service and providing the best for your customer? Accuweather, GIVE ME A BREAK. I have seen things on Youtube better than that channel. WHAT A JOKE.

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
notoncontracts
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very angry and dissapointed that Verizon has taken the Weather Channel out of its lineup. Surely they are aware of the number of subscribers who tune in. I will be cancelling my accounts if they do not reinstate it soon.